Fly Tying
RoaringForkFisher

Beginner Tools

I would pass on that one.. Nothing in them pics scream buy me... And I'm sure you can get the same vise off Ebay for just a few bucks...All the material he has in the pic looks like stuff that doesn't cost that much...

Nope...I would pass on that one also. You can get a brand new AA vise on Ebay for $17.95. And the stuff he's giving you doesn't cost that much from J.Stockard...

ugh i have no clue what to get

We can help you out.. But first how much do you want to invest into this hobby at the start?

I'm sure we can come up a with a great list a of materials from J. stockard that will beat any kit you find off the web..

Just give me a price range and I'm sure myself and others will chime in on what you should get with your money..

how much would you suggest a good set up to cost?

It all comes down to what do you want to spend?

You can do fine with an AA vise from J.Stockard. if your just starting out.

And spend most of your money on tools and materials.. When you progress, then get a better vise.

how much would you suggest a good set up to cost?

RFF- if i may-

for $180. you could have what i feel would be a really good starter kit- w/ solid tools. (worth the little extra to start off happy!)

w/ the tool kit from Doctor Slick that others have suggested along w/ a SX- HMH vise- and you can switch out jaws later as needed...

http://www.hmhvises.com/sx.htm

you could stop w/ the :wallbash:

and you would be set to move on to the next mind bender-

materials! :devil: hehehe......................

hurry up and get your stuff! we're all waiting- B)

clarkii.

so would the danvise be an alright vise with the dr slick tool kit?

Yes...That would be a great vise for starting out..Some people love them.. Some hate them..

Dr slick tool kit is very good quality for starting out..

Now you're on the right path...

I don't see much of a difference in the danvise then say a norvise or an HMH or even a renzetti I am a pretty darn good tyer if only in my own mind but some of the other people on here can attest to my flies and they are all tied on a danvise and if you do the things I posted in my other post you wont have any problems