Fly Tying
FishyboY

Scary Kayak Fishing Accident.

WTF? I guess I should carry a pistol in my fly vest? And I thought alligators were my biggest threat fishing?

This is not an isolated incident. I have had at least three similiar encounters in my adult life, one of them in downtown Louisville at the Falls of the Ohio. He even had an encounter with a dope smoking drunk two weeks ago who threatened to kick my ass and I hadn't even made eye contact, spoken to the man, and was never within 50 ft of him until he ran his mouth. I arrested him and that was that. Imagine his suprise when he followed me to my truck and came up with a gun and a badge. The world is a beautifully scary place. Like the saying goes: "God created Man. Sam Colt made them equal" . I never leave home without my sidearm. I may not always carry it, but it's never far away. Ain't that right, Smokin'? :ph34r: :ph34r:

While I lived in Florida, I normally carried at least one on me and one in the vehicle. Unfortunately I am not afforded that right where I live presently, but than again, the bad guys don't carry as often either. :gun_bandana:

Nah, save energy and resources and give them the capital punishment :rolleyes:

I would really be interested in their motive, if they even had one. Maybe they were all just tweakers, who knows.

Tweakers? Apparently I'm now old b/c I don't know what all these words you kids use nowadays. :hyst:

I think the motive was probably the cans of beer. Firearms + alcohol =/= good idea.

A Tweaker often refers to a person on Meth. If you've seen a meth ad then you know why they call them that :bugeyes:

I think your probably right about the motive. Not a good idea to mix those two.

Once I'm 21 I'm buying a Glock 19 for home, a PPK for the classiness, a Browning .270 for hunting, and a sawed-off Remington 12 gague side-by-side for the impending zombie attack of 2012.

I got looked at a little odd when I told one of the guys at the local fly shop I carry on occasion. Reason 2 is because of yahoos and crazy landowners like the above mentioned. Reason 1 is because of the below pic. Its most likely a bobcat but could be a young Mtn Lion (I'm not that great with tracks to tell the difference). The track was new passing over my old footprints from the approach to a remote location. Maybe that explains the eerie feeling I had that made me leave.

post-22999-1273118400_thumb.jpg

Sounds like a bunch of sick bastards. It's a good thing their aim was off. The title of this post is a little misleading, this certainly was no accident.

Man, I wish they had caught up to those guys and put a few bullets in their kneecaps.. What they heck is wrong with people? Its fun to just go shoot at random fishermen and think that its OK??

I REALLY REALLY hope these guys get caught!!!

Chris

Shows that all the nuts in the world aren't in a praline. However, permit me point out something. Many of you talk of getting a handgun to carry. Now, these guys were shooting centerfire rifles. How many of you can hit a target at 100 yards (or more) with a handgun....or even come close?