Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
idahojake

Natural latex rubber

I have a free supply of natural latex rubber sheets in two thicknesses .030" and .008".

Does anybody have a good pattern using latex? They are a natural latex color, not quite transparent, but will take a permanent marker to darken them up. Any Ideas?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Hate to see this material go to waste when it could find a home on a hook.

Think I could maybe find use for it if you're going to discard it....Stuff makes great nymphs like stones an mayflies. Takes ink well and is easy to manipulate on the hook.

It also makes a great peeking-caddis body. Just add a peacock or ostrich herl head and you are done. Ditto for wasp and fly larvae (maggots) for those who fish for 'gills, etc.

perchjerker

Excellent material for tying caddis larvae and pupae. If you have a surplus I would be happy to make a trade.

makes an amazing caddis larva pattern called a french tickler. the most realistic looking pattern i have seen that is easy to tie. grab some of it up. and for stuff like the others said czech nymphs, vladi worms. etc.