Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill ONLY Invitational Swap

I've hosted lots of swaps here, but never an invitational swap, so here goes. This swap is for people who are SERIOUS about tying and fishing for Bluegills. That doesn't mean that the tyers don't also tie and fish for other things as well. But when they tie and fish for Bluegills, they must be serious about it. The swap will be for 12 experienced bluegill tyers and fishermen. For my invitation for this one, I've invited someone who has participated in almost, if not all, of my bluegill swaps and who has submitted some awesome flies. I'll let him announce himself and he can then extend his invitation to his choice for this one. The due date will be determined after all the invitations are issued. Since there are several people in the Warmwater Invitational that would be great candidates for this one, the due date will NOT be BEFORE September 15 which is one month after the Warmwater Invitational is due to be closed, and it may be later than that. I don't want the due date to stop anyone from joining. The important thing is going to be a great set of bluegill flies, and if we need to wait a little longer to get them in, that's OK by my book.

Joining this swap is BY INVITATION ONLY! After you are invited and have accepted, please let me know what pattern you will be tying so that we don't have any duplicates. The pattern I will be tying is tied like a Red Fox Squirrel Nymph, but that's where the similarity ends. The materials are all synthetic, and the colors are quite different, but it's been a good producer for me.

So, Bluegill tyers, let's have a great swap!

1. Breambuster - Red Fox Squirrel Nymph Type Variant - Completed

2. Nealbo - Brown & Tan Popper - Received

3. Student4evr - Woven Wire Weasel - Received

4. Big E - Cajun Tickler - Received

5. Rockworm - McDougal - Received

6. Rich5665 - Chernobyl Ant - Received

7. BigDaddyHub - Foam Extended Body Hopper - Received

8. Smokinprice - Steroid Ant - Received

9. Stippled Popper - White Popper - Received

10. Kirk Dietrich - Diver & Lagniappe Squirrely - Received

11. Dart - Popper

12. Ridderbos3 - BBX - Received

Thanks breambuster for inviting me. It is a real honer that you would say those things about me. I am about to go to work so when back home this after noon I will send that special person an invitation. I will most likely do some kind of popper I know how much you love them.

Cool :thumbup:

Frank aka Student4evr

Thanks, Frank. You definitely fit the profile. If you can an invitation, I hope you'll join us.

Take care

BB

Thanks breambuster for inviting me. It is a real honer that you would say those things about me. I am about to go to work so when back home this after noon I will send that special person an invitation. I will most likely do some kind of popper I know how much you love them.

Glad to have you in on this one, Nealbo. Looking forward to this one. It ought to be a dandy!

BB

I have been out for a couple of days. And I am very happy to accept the invitation.

Frank aka Student4evr. :yahoo:

My invitation is on the way.

Guest Big E

Hello All,

Thanks to Frank for inviting me. I'll be tying a BigE Cajun Tickler.

I've invited Rockworm. His flies are always outstanding no matter what species is being fished and sets the bar on his submissions. Most of all, he's a swapaholic.

Hopefully he accepts.

Wow! What a great swap this is shaping up to be. I can't wait to see everyone's flies. Welcome aboard Frank & Big E! I am really glad to see both of you in on this one. Let's keep it rolling. Once the swap is filled, I'll poll the group and we will set a due date, but I'm thinking it should be at least a month after the Warmwater Invitational is due to close. But we will see what everyone wants to do. But for now, Thanks Nealbo, Frank & Big E for joining this one.

Take care

BB

I wouldn't miss this chance for anything (short of an all-paid fishing vacation in New Zealand!) Thanks, Eric for the invite. I have sent a PM to my selected victim.

YowEEE! This thing just keeps getting better and better! What an awesome lineup, already, and we're not even to the half-way point yet. Welcome aboard, Rockworm!

Take care

BB