Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
TimRussell

update

Hey yall. I know I havnt been on in a while and Im at school right now. We had PSATS today so I got some free time to wait to change classes so I figured Id check up on yall and give yall an update while I can being my computer at home is down (during the moving process).

Well anyway Im not ashamed to say that my girlfriend (Stephanie Boseman) has become the most important thing in my life and I have been spending more time with her than anything. smile.gif I do still hunt and fish though when I can and I bow hunted about 2-4 times this year. wink.gif I spooked two deer while bow hunting behind my grampa's house last week but never got to try my stand in Gates County. I have been putting out corn and biologic liquid behind my grampa's house to and it doesnt stand a chance most times. I didnt get a chance to goose hunt like I was gunna or teal hunt yet but Ill just wait for November and duck hunt I guess. I did dove hunt a few times and bagged right many birds. The opening day of gun season for deer opens this Saturday and I have never missed an opening day since I was six years old so Im gunna hunt until about 2:30 pm Saturday and then me and Stephanie are going out. Speaking of gun season the new Traditions Shotgun I bought the other month messed up for the 4th and last time two weeks ago. I finally gave up completley on semi automatics and got my money back for the Traditions and bought a brand new Remington Model 870 Express Super Magnum Synthetic. Its an awsome gun and now I know why I have always been a Remington fan. It has a 28" Vent Rib Barrel, 3 1/2" Chamber, Black Synthetic Stock, and its a 12 Gauge so its just right for duck hunting. For those not familiar with it its a pump gun (I know most of you already know but anyway).. We went to check our rifles the other day and I decided to try something a lil different than the usual 25 yard sight in. I put my Marlin 30-30 dead on at 100 yards and also earned 20 dollars with the pull of a trigger. Not to brag but I just gotta tell this story.

My Dad had his Browning BAR Semi Automatic 270 Winchester like usual and my brother had his brand new Remington Model 7400 Semi Automatic 270 Winchester that he bought the other month with summer money. Alright now my uncle has been shooting a Ruger M77 Synthetic/Stainless Bolt Action 300 Winchester Magnum for big game for many years now and is durn good with it but after we all sighted our guns in we all put up five dollars and set a beer bottle up at 100 yards. My brother shot first and clean missed with his 270. I propped up just like they told me to and squeezed the trigger with the crosshairs of my BSA 4x32 Scope dead on the bottle and BOOM! The bottle exploded into tons of peices. So my ol 165 dollar used Marlin 336 Lever Action 30-30 Winchester with 30 dollar BSA four power scope outshot the thousand dollar Ruger, the 400 dollar Remington, AND the 800 dollar Browning. All kidding aside we had a great time and plan to the rest of the season. Rockfish season starts soon to so Im not done fishing either lol and that includes bass as far as Im concerned. Anyway Im looking forward to the rest of hunting season, fishing season, and getting back on here to talk with you fellows..well if I can take time off from Stephanie lol. wink.gif . Takemeasy.-Tim smile.gif smile.gif cool.gif

Our Archery season just started a couple weeks ago.

Rifle season comes in the week after Thanksgiving.

I boke down and purchased a Remmington 11-87.

Still have the old 870, I loved that gun.

Have a safe and sucesful season.

Hope the PSATS test went well.

To this day I can not stand the sight of a #2 pencil sick.gif