Fly Tying
robow7

We're looking to donate materials for the scouts

The past 3 or 4 years, my friends and I have donated extra materials we might have to the local scout chapter so they might earn their fly tying merit badge but that program is no longer available. If you or someone you know provides this type of volunteer service for the local youth, please let me know if you could make use of the extra fly tying materials that we have collected. I am willing to send you a bag via UPS ground at no cost, so please PM me if interested. Unfortunately we can't take requests for specific items but we do try to allow for a nice mix. Thanks.

Just curious...

Was Fly Tying offered as a separate badge from Fly Fishing? I ask because scouting.org still shows the fly tying requirement under the Fly Fishing merit badge:

4. Explain how and when each of the following types of flies is used: dry flies, wet flies, nymphs, streamers, bass bugs, poppers, and saltwater flies. Tell what each one imitates. Tie at least two types of the flies mentioned in this requirement.

My nephew is currently a cub scout, so I've got a vested interest in this :unsure:

I donate hackle to a group that works with kids, if you are interested PM me and I'll get you the info when I get home.

Mark

The past 3 or 4 years, my friends and I have donated extra materials we might have to the local scout chapter so they might earn their fly tying merit badge but that program is no longer available. If you or someone you know provides this type of volunteer service for the local youth, please let me know if you could make use of the extra fly tying materials that we have collected. I am willing to send you a bag via UPS ground at no cost, so please PM me if interested. Unfortunately we can't take requests for specific items but we do try to allow for a nice mix. Thanks.

Contact Dupage Rivers Fly Tyers (Driftorg.org). The club does a lot of work with the Boy Scouts.

Good Day,

Our club, the Grand River Fly Tyers, offers youth a youth fly tying and casting program. We are in negotiations with the Boy Scouts to hopefully be able to offer them the opprotunity to earn their fly fishing merit badge. So we are always on the lookout for materials. I can PM you more info...

http://www.grandriverflytyers.org/index.shtml

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Grand...27274148?ref=ts

Steelie