Fly Tying
Taylor B. Hess

What does your Steelhead flybox look like?

What does your fly box look like?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Jim (flyguy5910) - Your first two photos look an awful lot like one of my fly boxes. I tyed up a bunch of each of your fly patterns and stocked my box full of them. Love these flies!

My fly box, after realizing I must have thrown out my fly box when I threw out my old vest when it ripped last fall. I decided to start making all new stuff. Just in this last week of tying really. I should be back to normal by spring.

19940dd4.jpg

Save for the Muddlers Minnows, I made them all. I just can't for the life of me get a muddler to look nice.

Jim

I'll post a picture of one of my boxes to make everybody feel better about their tying :blink:

post-20675-1283128068_thumb.jpg

I went through a phase years ago of tying classic steelhead flies, so there are some venerable patterns such as the Humboldt Railbird, Doc Spratley, Brad's Brat, Black Gordon, Improved Governor and Umpqua Special in the jumble. I have other boxes loaded with flies, which is definitely overkill considering I have caught a grand total of one steelhead on a fly (for the record, I caught it on a purple egg-sucking leech).

where about in Idaho do you live? You should have caught hundreds if you know where to go

My Steelhead boxes, a mixture of Spey,tubes,Intruders,Foxee Prawns, Metal Detectors,Moals, Leech patterns some marabou and Arctic fox and my dry fly box. I guess there are too many but I really enjoy tying them.

post-4055-1290474258_thumb.jpg

post-4055-1290474322_thumb.jpg

post-4055-1290474373_thumb.jpg

post-4055-1290474421_thumb.jpg

post-4055-1290474461_thumb.jpg

post-4055-1290474500_thumb.jpg

post-4055-1290474556_thumb.jpg

post-4055-1290474606_thumb.jpg

post-4055-1290474656_thumb.jpg

post-4055-1290474709_thumb.jpg

post-4055-1290474754_thumb.jpg

post-4055-1290474798_thumb.jpg

post-4055-1290474842_thumb.jpg

My Steelhead boxes, a mixture of Spey,tubes,Intruders,Foxee Prawns, Metal Detectors,Moals, Leech patterns some marabou and Arctic fox and my dry fly box. I guess there are too many but I really enjoy tying them.

Holy Moly! You sure do like tying them :) Brilliant stuff here! You don't take all those boxes fishing do you?

Holy Moly! You sure do like tying them :) Brilliant stuff here! You don't take all those boxes fishing do you?

No I don,t take them all but I am looking for a larger vest. . lol

If you need a 'fly caddy' i can help *grin*

I'll post a picture of one of my boxes to make everybody feel better about their tying :blink:

post-20675-1283128068_thumb.jpg

I went through a phase years ago of tying classic steelhead flies, so there are some venerable patterns such as the Humboldt Railbird, Doc Spratley, Brad's Brat, Black Gordon, Improved Governor and Umpqua Special in the jumble. I have other boxes loaded with flies, which is definitely overkill considering I have caught a grand total of one steelhead on a fly (for the record, I caught it on a purple egg-sucking leech).

where about in Idaho do you live? You should have caught hundreds if you know where to go

where in idaho do you live?