Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
cspears0006

The Little Pigeon River

Hey Guys and Gals I am heading to the Little Pigeon this weekend. I have never fished there so any pointer, fly selections or anything would help me out, Thanx!!

It's been several years since I fished it, but remember beautiful pocket water and lots of fish. I tried a fairly mixed bag of both drys and nymphs and seem to recall having great luck with small Stimulators and Elk Hair Caddis on the surface and the Bead Head Prince nymph, in particular. I'm sure locals will weigh in with more specific patterns, but those did just fine for me.

I found splendid fishing on the little creek running through the Smokemont area, but can't remember what flies were deployed in that episode. A good portion of that trip was spent side-stepping bears, which seemed to be everywhere that week! I'm thinking the brookies were hitting small wets of some type, with red being a significant color.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my memory the most. This is why we need to keep accurate fishing journals. ;)

It's been several years since I fished it, but remember beautiful pocket water and lots of fish. I tried a fairly mixed bag of both drys and nymphs and seem to recall having great luck with small Stimulators and Elk Hair Caddis on the surface and the Bead Head Prince nymph, in particular. I'm sure locals will weigh in with more specific patterns, but those did just fine for me.

I found splendid fishing on the little creek running through the Smokemont area, but can't remember what flies were deployed in that episode. A good portion of that trip was spent side-stepping bears, which seemed to be everywhere that week! I'm thinking the brookies were hitting small wets of some type, with red being a significant color.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my memory the most. This is why we need to keep accurate fishing journals. ;)

Hey thanks friend, I will defiantly. try all of your tips!