Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Carleton County Nick

Fly Help - Yellow/Green Slime

Was out fishing tonight for Atlantic Salmon. I was using some normal fall patterns, but was told about a Yellow Slime and have also heard of a Green Slime. I cannot find these flies anywhere so I can see what I need to tie. I'm kicking myself now as I could have just asked to see one closer. Looked like a hairwing but i didn't get a look at the body.

Has anyone heard of a Yellow Slime and/or have any pics? I looked on the pattern database but can't seem to find anything.

Message "CapeBSalar" here on the forum. He is a great tier here in N.S. that does a lot of different salmon flies...hope it helps ;)

the green slime is in modern atlantic salmon flies by paul c. marriner

hook 2/0 36890mustad

body flat silver tinsel

underwing at the 3/4 point of the body tie in 6 strands of lime green krystal flash

followed by 3 turns of flo green rystal yarn

wing chartruese marabou

head chartruse thread

notes

the description of the under wing is confusing think rusty rat

veil of krystal flash shoulder of crystal yarn

crystal yarn looked like estaz to me

Was out fishing tonight for Atlantic Salmon. I was using some normal fall patterns, but was told about a Yellow Slime and have also heard of a Green Slime. I cannot find these flies anywhere so I can see what I need to tie. I'm kicking myself now as I could have just asked to see one closer. Looked like a hairwing but i didn't get a look at the body.

Has anyone heard of a Yellow Slime and/or have any pics? I looked on the pattern database but can't seem to find anything.

Hi Nick

Here is a picture of the Slime

And if you want a reference get hold of Mike Crosbys book "River Talk" In there is also the pattern description.

post-3635-1286825680_thumb.jpg

Regards

Jens

just flipping through modern atlantic salmon flies again this morning and found another variation of the green slime.

this time tied by raymond plourde

GREEN SLIME MUDDLER

HOOK mustad 3399

THREAD white

BODY flo. green yarn

HACKLE 2-3 flo.green marabou feathers palmered over the front half of the hook

HEAD/COLLAR flo. lime-green deer hair collar almost reaching the bend of the hook

hope this helps your quest