Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
TimRussell

Opening Day Tommorow..

Tommorow we are going to meet the club at the store in the morning and then we are going to decide where we are going to hunt tommorow during a drink of coffee. I know I have told this story a hundred times or more but to mark the start of deer season this year I am gunna tell yall about my first deer one more time lol.

We where hunting the skinner farm that day and the dogs got over into the Hoffler Block, They jumped a deer and eventually lost out. My Dad decided to send me up a path with hopes of spotting a deer along the way so I loaded my 20 Gauge Pump Gun and headed up the dirt road. After what seemed like hours the dogs finally jumped another deer and I tried to keep up with them by walking up and down the path shotgun at the ready. Soon I heard a deer breaking threw the bushes coming towards me and I shouldered my shotgun and removed the saftey as the doe burst threw the bushes and I busted her with a load of #3 buckshot. She fell with one shot but tried to get back up so I pumped two more loads of buckshot into her. That is how I got my first deer and I still get the same excitement when I hear the dogs coming my way today. That was a great day as Im sure tommorow will be as well. We are gunna hunt for about half a day and then Im coming home and going to see my Girlfriend. Wish me luck tommorow and good luck to anybody else that makes it out. takemeasy.-Tim