Fly Tying
joshhillips

Hello all from east TN

My name is Josh. I've actually been cruising for a little bit now and just realized that I never introduced myself. I'm fairly new to east TN been here a little over a year after years in CO where oddly enough I never even thought about fly fishing. Kicking myself now but I know that return trips will be arranged to fix this oversight. I am fairly new to tying but loving every minute of it.

Welcome aboard, Josh!

There's plenty of great fly fishing within an easy drive of Knoxville. Do you like brook trout? :D

Man I'm a huge fan of anything that will bite. You know a good place?

I've had good luck throughout the GSMNP and western North Carolina. If it looks "trouty", dip a thermometer in it and look underneath the rocks. If those indicators are in place you should probably get busy fishing it! There have been a good number of books written about fishing that area, covering everything from individual streams to local hatches to the regional areas. I was checking them out at amazon.com just a couple of weeks ago, but got distracted and wandered off without ordering any. :rolleyes:

Never fished there myself, but I understand northern Georgia's got some good trout water.

Hi Josh, middle Tn here. Warren Co. I love fishing the Clinch, but mostly fish the Caney and Elk rivers.

Welcome to the forum, Josh. I'm sure you'll find it very helpful. Lots of experience from all over the World, along with beginners and duffers like me. Don't be shy about jumping in and asking questions, that's what the forum's for.

Welcome to the forum, Josh. I'm sure you'll find it very helpful. Lots of experience from all over the World, along with beginners and duffers like me. Don't be shy about jumping in and asking questions, that's what the forum's for.

Thank you all for the welcome. I absolutely love this forum, there's a great wealth of knowledge within these pages. I've become quite the sponge lately just reading your posts and looking through the pattern database.

Thanks again,

Josh

Welcome to the forum Josh! I've spent some quality time fishing GSMNP and TN and KY tailwaters. A very beautiful part of the country. PM me if you want info.