Fly Tying
Bryan Wright

Woven Body

Nice job on the weave. Another weave you could try in called an overhand weave. Here is a video that shows you how to do the overhand weave.

looks great! I have been looking into this lately wouldn't mind giving it a try myself looks like a mighty durable method.

Druce

did you weave that in the dark?? :D :dunno:

Does it look that bad? Why do yo think I did this in the dark? Because fo the picture? Well beleive it or not but that picure effect of a black background was attained by settign a high f stop on my camera with a high shutter speed and using the flash. I like the way it turned out on the other pics I took but this on I t hink the white balance is off and so it looks even darker than it should. Hey, I am still learning here :) .

This one is a little better because it caught som stuff in the background and it helped the white balance out. Next time I will probably take the auto white balance off and just use a moderate setting and see what I get.

post-27408-1290094853_thumb.jpg

I finished an Overhand Weave step-by-step the other day, that shows the weave made with and without tool.

http://www.swedneckflyfishing.com/overhandweave_steps.htm

You've got a great website and some really nice s-b-s series. Thanks a lot for mentioning this.

I enjoy weaving. you can make some very interesting and fun flies with weaving methods. You do a super job of explaining and demonstrating them.

Ray