Fly Tying
Mr. Vegas

Official: What did you tie today

was screwing around and tied up this bendback. Sorry for the crappy picture. By the way, FlyFishin'Jam I love the rabbit streamers.

post-18514-1295411171_thumb.jpg

agn54...Excellent bendback! That wing is glowing! This season i am so tossing some of these inspired by you amongst the timber and rocks for smallmouth, i just love how it rides with the hookpoint up, makes for a suicidal presentation in a sticky situation, the lead wire is just an added bonus to get it down deep. I will go for these 1st before i go 'clousering the depths'. Thankyou for your patterns and help! This fly in particular is a very deadly crossover from fresh to salt, along with the 'rattle rouser'...Both flies which can work across the globe on so many species, a certain MUST for everyones fly box especially if you ARE crossing the globe. Just reminded me i need to master this like you have, if i can even come close would make me happy.

On another note, i just spent $200 on materials on a certain website...I have never spent this much before, if i add my receipts for materials and figure out how many flies i could have bought for the same price i think it might just equal out, however...Being at a cottage/ resort/ fishing retreat and being able to tie for specific conditions could never be replaced! Oh well, i have splurged! Now the long wait for mr. postman...

Great flies everyone!! I tied some of my not so famous chernobyl ants :)

img4d37719b8e115.jpg

I also tied a dozen of my not so famous hoppers in yellow and black

nju2223jf39f9neffjsls9j932.jpg

dnffsfnefnjn2nn994s9n9jr3j.jpg

great looking fly gaffer. I tied about 7 dozen today to replace my stolen mail arrg...!! <_<

Haystacks. Dark. About three as I am so anal about it being perfect. Then I loss them on back casts in the bushes:)

Finished up last 4 of my funnel dun variations for the "brookie" swap and a dozen Mickey Finns for a guy who gave me a pair of duck wings a couple of weeks ago. I'm thinking I need to get some flies for the coming season for myself. I've played around all year tying all kinds of stuff, now to tie the ones used here in Atlantic Canada

...and another 1/2 dozen Mickey Finns and a 1/2 dozen Maple Syrup flies for myself...

I tied up a couple of Pacific Kings, an old Roy Patrick sea-run cutthroat pattern, along with some more soft hackles - partridge and yellow, hare's ear and march brown spiders. If my eyes hold out, I may tie up a couple more Mega Princes for the stonefly swap.