Fly Tying
Mr. Vegas

Official: What did you tie today

FlyFishin'Jam's BassFly...This is 1st draft, includes foam cylinders, craft foam, saddle hackle, chocolate dubbing, a little pink silky fiber & flash dubbing brush. Also tied some brutal wet flies and sipping on a glass of red my, my cheeks are red. Here are some pics which give you some sort of idea, the foam cylinders are tied in across the hook and eyes are attached to that. It's a smallie pattern with the tail it makes a very impressive 'V' wake along with the splayed saddle.

post-29540-1299137200_thumb.jpg

post-29540-1299137251_thumb.jpg

Tied on new Daiichi X point hooks - YUM

Anyway i should get this pattern sorted out by tomorrow and have it lookin' better. *edit* next ones are coming with 20lb hard mono weed guard as it's tied in mid-body i can take the mono and re-attach the thread at the head.

Great looking ties, everybody. I was playing around with hare's ear and brown hen hackle, and came up with this. The rib is buttonhole twist thread:

post-20675-1299570655_thumb.jpg

First fly I tied on a hook I made myself. Used a Mustad 3399 2/0 that I reworked, and refinished.

DSCF3169.jpg

That's a beauty Austin!!

Another kinda off topic post but what did you tie today???

I did 3 dozen red and green brassies in 14 and 16

I am working on a variation of springs wiggler. I think I have it mostly done, but I need to figure out how to get the shell back to cinch down a littler tighter.