Fly Tying
flytyman1

Valentine's Day Emerger Swap - Due date Feb. 14, 2011

I wanted a fly that had a rear that stayed lower in the water..........I snap the sucker hard off the bottom all the way to the top....the bead helps keep the SHUCK below the actual emerged bug......

I normally tie it with a biot body, but for the swap--I just used dubbing......

it is great on the swing too.......you can jiggle it and make it look like a struggling bug.........

I wanted a fly with weight in the rear of the hook and not the front........

it works....has worked.......but I have only used it on my local streams..........

If there are sulphurs popping off.........it should get you into fish

probably a new take on things..........never seen this style of emerger.....sure somebody out there has done it before........not reinventing the wheel.......just something I thought would work nicely

you can never fish an emerger wrong.........

:clapping:

Received a sweet set of CDC Caddis Emergers in the mail today from Habanero! That leaves only 4 to go. If everyone gets their flies here on time then I can mail them all back out next week.

Reminder: Make sure you include the proper amount of postage on your return envelopes, otherwise I will get them back for insufficient postage or have to add postage myself to make up the difference. A 6X9 envelope should cost $1.39 to mail if using the US Postal service.

Flytyman1

Received a sweet set of CDC Caddis Emergers in the mail today from Habanero! That leaves only 4 to go. If everyone gets their flies here on time then I can mail them all back out next week.

Reminder: Make sure you include the proper amount of postage on your return envelopes, otherwise I will get them back for insufficient postage or have to add postage myself to make up the difference. A 6X9 envelope should cost $1.39 to mail if using the US Postal service.

Flytyman1

LOL - Cost me less than that to send a dozen flies to Canada last week. I am surprised that mine didn't arrive today though.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Received two beautifully tied sets of flies today from rich5665 and Jrbean. Both sets are excellent ties. Thanks both of you for the extra flies. That only leaves flies from Mr. Vegas and Flon18 to be received before the deadline so I can send them out. :yahoo: I hope we make it, most of the swaps lately have been going way past the deadline. That gives us three days till the deadline and only 2 sets to go! :ban:

flytyman1

Flytyman1

I tie commercially and ship flies out all the time. 6x9 bubble mailer continental U.S. First class goes for $1.22 sometimes $.88, if you get a dumb clerk. That's up to 1 ounce. Canada is always 1 cent more, for international first class. I ship to Slovenia for $1.44 at .60 oz. A dozen of dries or emergers should ship for $1.22 easily. I dont know what your packing them in though. I use bags, or for hackled flies i use dart plastic cups. Fly swaps i use dai-riki hook boxes and they still ship for $1.22 U.S $1.23 for Canada. Just trying to save EVERYONE money all around. :D

Mine will hit the road on Monday or Tuesday. I go for surgery on Sunday morning but nothing major so should be able to knock them out in the recovery room :) Thanks for hosting

Wonder how Dustin is doing since his opp....

Mine will hit the road on Monday or Tuesday. I go for surgery on Sunday morning but nothing major so should be able to knock them out in the recovery room :) Thanks for hosting

I am doing alright Dave! Thanks for asking :) .. Mine were shipped off Saturday as well so you should get them any day! Have been a little busy with recovery so have not had a ton of time to post as much

I am doing alright Dave! Thanks for asking :) .. Mine were shipped off Saturday as well so you should get them any day! Have been a little busy with recovery so have not had a ton of time to post as much

Good stuff mate. Glad to hear you're doing ok!!

Great to here your doing Ok Dustin! I'll be on the watch for your flies in the mail. I only need to receive yours and Flon18's. I'll sort and ship as soon as I get them. On another note!

Just wanted to mention to all the swappers in this swap that I am going to be hosting a new swap within the next week. It is going to be a "Project Healing Water Swap" and I'm hoping that all of you will consider signing up for the swap. All the details will be posted in the swap post once I place it on the swap board. All the flies will be going to create 12 fly boxes of flies for injured handicapped Vets. who are involved with Project Healing Waters. I will PM all the swappers whom I have been in previous swaps with and ask them to join in also. In this swap no one will be getting any flies back but the flies will all be donated to Project Healing Waters. I have already made arrangements with PHW to deliver the flies to the vets at one of their events and I already have a donor for all the fly boxes so please join in if you can when the swap is posted. Thanks!

flytyman1

Great to here your doing Ok Dustin! I'll be on the watch for your flies in the mail. I only need to receive yours and Flon18's. I'll sort and ship as soon as I get them. On another note!

Just wanted to mention to all the swappers in this swap that I am going to be hosting a new swap within the next week. It is going to be a "Project Healing Water Swap" and I'm hoping that all of you will consider signing up for the swap. All the details will be posted in the swap post once I place it on the swap board. All the flies will be going to create 12 fly boxes of flies for injured handicapped Vets. who are involved with Project Healing Waters. I will PM all the swappers whom I have been in previous swaps with and ask them to join in also. In this swap no one will be getting any flies back but the flies will all be donated to Project Healing Waters. I have already made arrangements with PHW to deliver the flies to the vets at one of their events and I already have a donor for all the fly boxes so please join in if you can when the swap is posted. Thanks!

flytyman1

Good stuff mate. Will see what I can do ;)

:thumbsup: :kicking:

Received another excellent set of flies in the mail today from Flon18. :scooter: That only leaves the set of flies from Mr. Vegas and I will ship out. Mr. Vegas said his are in the mail so it shouldn'y be much longer. Keep you all posted!

flytyman1

thanks for the update! I am very interested in Your swap for project healing water! I already have 50 flies set aside for it. I just sent a couple hundred to cast for recovery last week and I am sure I can get some more together here soon. Also I can bring it up at the next FFF meeting as well.