Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
the_scotsman

TFO

I haven't fished that exact rod, but I do own 4 TFO rods and love them all. Their customers service has been great to me. My Sage rarely makes an appearance anymore.

I have the 9' Lefty 9wt rod and it is really nice. If you could find the local TFO rep and/or shop that carries TFO, they should be able to get that Teeny 10wt in your hands for you to test cast. That is the only way to know if it will be right for you.

Kirk

I have the 9' Lefty 9wt rod and it is really nice. If you could find the local TFO rep and/or shop that carries TFO, they should be able to get that Teeny 10wt in your hands for you to test cast. That is the only way to know if it will be right for you.

Kirk

yeah that's the problem, I live in japan and i'm hours away from the nearest fly shop. I've heard great things about TFO so find it pretty appealing.

Where in Japan? We were stationed at Yokota for four years (86-90), used to fly fish around itsu-kai-ichi and ome-kaido. Was one of my best assignments by far.

Where in Japan? We were stationed at Yokota for four years (86-90), used to fly fish around itsu-kai-ichi and ome-kaido. Was one of my best assignments by far.

place called kashiwa, north east of tokyo. we have some pretty good carp and largemouth fishing.

also can be at the botom of the boso peninsula in a copl of hours.

looking at a TFO jim teeny 9ft for a ten weight as a back up, has anyone tried them?

I'm am sponsored by TFO and like their rods very much. However, I would go with a TiCRX, Axiom or BVK over the Teeny. I had a Teeny 6-weight and it wasn't my favorite.

I have to agree about the TICRX, the only one of TFO's rods on my skiff. I have that 9wt and it will certainly work a 10wt as well as it's listed weight. If you choose the X you'll be getting a much larger diameter butt section than most 9wts.... In just a few months my anglers have put it through the wringer with lots of tarpon up to about 30lbs, fishing at night around bridges. It's done everything we've asked it to....

thanks for the info guys

been talking to my nearest tackle shop (well my lady friend has cause my japanese isnt too hot) about getting TFO in. They just get so much good press makes them hard to ignore-especially for the money

i have 5 rods from tfo. 6wt professional, 8wt professional, 6wt ticr, 8wt ticr(x2). i have never thrown a teeny. on another tfo thought, has anyone tried the new mini-mag series? im thinking about getting one for my kayak.