Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
silverbullet32

Griffin Odyssey Spider Vise

hey everyone, i am wanting to upgrade to a rotary vise, and the griffin odyssey spider is right at the peak of my budget. i really want a pedastal vise, but i can weld up my own base pretty easily. have any of you guys tied on this vise? looks pretty good to me, i saw it at my local wholesale sports, and it looks decent. thanks guys

http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Odysse.....;/dp/B0002O069O

LJ

I've never tied on one myself but if you really want a pedestal vise and plan to turn this into one, you might want to try it on a pedestal base to make sure the vise stem isn't too long.

-- Mike

I had one for a few years, no problems at all, worked well. And the price was right. Moved on to a Griffin

Mongoose. I tie mostly dry's and soft hackles in the 12 - 18 range. Have been very satisfied with the Grffin vises. Seem to be well thought out and built. I don't think you would be disapointed, but as others say, see if you can try other vises out before you settle on anything.

i'd take a look at this one before the griffin

http://store.hookhack.com/E-Z-Rotary-Vise-...ctinfo/9402002/

and its less expensive

i saw this at wholesale sports last night and checked it out. seems pretty solid. i don't need anything super great at the moment, just want an upgrade. thanks!

I had one for a few years, no problems at all, worked well. And the price was right. Moved on to a Griffin

Mongoose. I tie mostly dry's and soft hackles in the 12 - 18 range. Have been very satisfied with the Grffin vises. Seem to be well thought out and built. I don't think you would be disapointed, but as others say, see if you can try other vises out before you settle on anything.

sounds good! the mongoose looks like a very nice vise.

thanks everyone!