Fly Tying
cruzfly89

allen fly co.

I notice you are sold out of a lot of hooks. When will you be restocked?

When I ordered a week ago he emailed saying that he would have the 100 style back in two weeks. So that leaves about a week.

But maybe he can comment on the other styles here as well.

The 100's will be back instock next Monday.

How about the 200Rs and the scud hooks? Thanks.

I notice you are sold out of a lot of hooks. When will you be restocked?

When I ordered a week ago he emailed saying that he would have the 100 style back in two weeks. So that leaves about a week.

But maybe he can comment on the other styles here as well.

The 100's will be back instock next Monday.

How about the 200Rs and the scud hooks? Thanks.

The 200r's are being made now. Going all a size 24. As for the scud, the only size that is out and being made is #8 in the 2457

So I'm considering some of these hooks. My main concern is sharpness. I had a buddy test some of the size #12 scud hooks with the thumbnail test and said they were quite dull compared to comparable "mainstream" brands.

Anyone care to chime in on this?

So I'm considering some of these hooks. My main concern is sharpness. I had a buddy test some of the size #12 scud hooks with the thumbnail test and said they were quite dull compared to comparable "mainstream" brands.

Anyone care to chime in on this?

Curtis I just took a size 12 scud hook and did the thumbnail test with a Allen hook and TMC hook same sharpness. Also did it with 100's, 200r's, and 3671's and they were all plenty sharp

How does the quality compare to Montana Fly Co hooks? I've been using them almost exclusively lately, but I'd like to try to Allen hooks.

I ordered some 2488s and 100s. Justin sent them out today. I'll post my comments when I receive them. I prefer daiichi/orvis hooks but I couldn't pass up on the price and a free flybox and free shipping too.

I ordered some 2488s and 100s. Justin sent them out today. I'll post my comments when I receive them. I prefer daiichi/orvis hooks but I couldn't pass up on the price and a free flybox and free shipping too.

,,,Please report how you like those hooks when you get them.. I'm not into buying hooks for a free fly box. :ph34r:

Maybe he can just lower the price on the hooks and keep the box out of it??? They are great hooks???

justin does not have to give the box and free shipping! It is all about marketing. You can't come out with hooks and automatically have a demand for them. It is the incentive to give them a try and trust me the ones that order them still do. No one really knew about tiemco until umpqua picked them up as an example, same with dai-riki. Until dan bailey started carrying them they were really unknown. Without the huge backing of a major wholesaler they are doing what they can to get their name out. They are in a market of 4 or 5 giants just trying to be competitive yet keep prices low. Give them a try and judge for yourself is really all I am saying. Sorry I got a cold and might have come off douchey if that is a word lol

justin does not have to give the box and free shipping! It is all about marketing. You can't come out with hooks and automatically have a demand for them. It is the incentive to give them a try and trust me the ones that order them still do. No one really knew about tiemco until umpqua picked them up. They are in a market of 4 or 5 giants just trying to get their name out. Give them a try and judge for yourself is really all I am saying.

Ok.. This is my take on this company. I have read about this guy giving away free stuff b/c he takes so long to ship his products. Like the fly reels he sells. When a person got it after a few months it was scratched up. Another guy got a bent spool? So at this time I'll let him do more QC on his product and let others test them out before I buy. I'm weary when a company has to give you the world to make a sale. My only hope is things will get better and this company will thrive with great products... That's my rant for today..Sorry

all I know about is his hooks.. Never had an issue with them nor any shipping delays. as far as rods and reels, I have no experiance. I really don't know if he manufactures them in house or has them made by another company. Most companies that doe this just get them in and re-box. I got a lamson real about 11 years ago strait from the factory that had a huge gash in it. Granted they just got it and boxed it without checking it for defects. Sorry to say it is common practice in most businesses not just the fishing industry. Not defending them just for the fact I don't know their operation. I just know I am happy with their hooks and really can only give my opinion on that cause I thought that was what you were addressing.

I just placed an order for some hooks so I can test them out. Just wish I could get a sample pack of all the different styles. I would gladly pay for a sample pack if he had one for a few dollars..

Anybody on this site have a good collection that i can get just one hook of each style? I can send you a few dollars for them If you can mail me some..

Ugh!!! I tried calling Allen Fly Company and some stupid recording that said "Justin at Allen Fly fishing mailbox is full, Sorry please try again later" "We cant except any messages at this time". Guess this is one busy company today if you get this when calling the main number???

I ordered a small pack today of some I needed - we'll see how they turn out.