Fly Tying
smalliestalker

Woolly Bastards

These are a wool baitfish pattern with cone heads and a fly lipp that I have been playing around with. Preliminary testing says they will rock the socks of the smallies...Let me know what you all think....

post-22995-1295541811_thumb.jpg

post-22995-1295541823_thumb.jpg

post-22995-1295541835_thumb.jpg

post-22995-1295541853_thumb.jpg

post-22995-1295541867_thumb.jpg

post-22995-1295541880_thumb.jpg

post-22995-1295541891_thumb.jpg

post-22995-1295541904_thumb.jpg

These are a wool baitfish pattern with cone heads and a fly lipp that I have been playing around with. Preliminary testing says they will rock the socks of the smallies...Let me know what you all think....

Excellent. Would love to see the step by step on this one!

Your work just gets better and better. I am enjoying your progress very much!

Pat,

Your creativity is boundless and I am sure a lot of that comes from you being a tattoo artist. In your second year of tying you are kicking out stuff that is making most of us who have been tying for many more years amazed at your skills. I would love to be able to sit down with you for even an hour to pick your brain on deer hair, and just an all around BS session. Keep it up man! You and Day5 are freaking killing it here on the Warmwater board and are pushing bass flies to a whole new level that has never been seen before.

I love this fly!

Take care,

Chris

Unbelievable, really outstanding work. You are truly and artist in multiple media.

Oh wow, really like that chartreuse/ green one...never really seen a fly like these before, supreme work here. Damn such a long wait for bass season again! Think i had a dream about someone who made a fly just like a fat rap, and they were bouncing it off submerged rocks with great success, these are close, bizarre!

<<<< "Looks at my flies ----- Looks at your flies ---- Bows his head in shame" Shame.png

Great flies Pat!

Pat to be completely honey with you. They are horrible ties and will never catch fish, so I will take them off your hand and dispose of them properly. So I will pm you with my address so you can send them out right away!!!

But really these are amazing I absolutely love them!!!! So sick!

Also you should bring them to the Somerset show so I can see them in person! Just a thought.

I wonder what a unicorn would taste like....

The wool is nothing special, just sculpin wool...I use it like I use deer hair and stack it, pack it and trim it...

Very creative flies. Would love to hear the report of how they fish, and like other, I think it would be great to see a "step by step". Thanks for posting your outstanding work.

Tom