Fly Tying
jared

10/29 South County Report

Launched @ Barn Island Friday morning....quickly got the "poor man's triple"....small bass, small blues & big shad.

(Can someone tell me why people insist on referring to catching 3 fish species as a "slam"??? Last I checked a slam was a 4-bagger, not a 3!!!)

Moved off Napatree and found larger bass...multiple double hookups, largest bass was 30". Gotta love fall fish...even the smaller ones are strong! Not sure if it's the colder water, the fact that they're making the run down south or what -- but I'm not complaining.

Headed over to Watch Hill -- loads of birds (and too many boats -- some polite and aware, some clueless and rude). Only finicky blues there -- at least, that's all we boated.

Moved again, near some buds -- they landed 3 bonito on spinning -- I had 2 casts that were definitely among fish, but no hits. With the 56 degree temps, these fish were MOVING fast.

Hoping to get out at least once more before winterizing the boat -- then it's back to walking the beaches and/or some late season trouting.

Tight Lines.

-jared

Still, it sounds like a good day fishing is better than almost anything else! Happy to hear of your good day!

Just finished winterizing my fathers boat with him.. kinda gives you a hopeless feeling... If you got any choice at all to get out one more time, make it happen... thanks for the report.. cheers.gif

Hello to all,

waiting for the next salmon season (on Dee - Cairnton) sometimes I'm going to SWFF. Last time I have caught two bonitos using an anchovy fly. Which fly do you use for bonitos or others?

tks and regards from Italy

vima