Fly Tying
boynabubble

Started a blog today. Who else has one?

signature too! Am updating it majorly this week. I will follow you!

Yours was one of the first blogs I followed, Dustin. Your flies are great! Hope to see more on your blog.

Yea, I really like Dustin's. Its very "welcoming". I also find it was very bright and cheery. Don't know why but that made me like it a lot more. I loved the flies. Can't wait to see more.

I've got one I've been working on myself. Had a rough day at work, so I should be posting again tomorrow night after some tying, and adding a few pics to it as well. The links in my signature.

I just been dealing with some personal stuff so had not the time to post much nor update the blog. But at the end of the week I will have clear days again. I have about 7 or 8 patterns I want to post up plus my tying demo at BPS is on Saturday so I want to post stuff about that too. Thanks guys for following

I just been dealing with some personal stuff so had not the time to post much nor update the blog. But at the end of the week I will have clear days again. I have about 7 or 8 patterns I want to post up plus my tying demo at BPS is on Saturday so I want to post stuff about that too. Thanks guys for following

Can't wait to see.

Can't wait to see.

Added 4 patterns today and some other information!

why aren't you guys using FlyAddicts to host your blogs?

1) it is owned and operated by the same person who runs this forum

2) it is powered by wordpress, which is like a gazillion times better than blogger/blogspot

3) You have access to thousands of free themes and wordpress plugins which allow you to do all sorts of cool stuff

3) you can use your own domain (www.yourdomain.com) if you want, or just use flyaddicts.com/yourblogname

4) you're part of a network of other fly fishing and fly tying blogs, and a facebook-like social network, which will drive more traffic to your site

5) if you already started a blog somewhere else, you can import it over to flyaddicts in about 2 minutes

6) all of these services are completely free (unless you choose to buy a domain name)

http://www.flyaddicts.com

i think i started one on here a long time ago and couldnt get used to the interface

i dont do anything with facebook or the tweeter crowd.

i too have become comfortable with blogger.com but might have a relook at flyaddicts.

5) if you already started a blog somewhere else, you can import it over to flyaddicts in about 2 minutes

once converted can it be deleted if i dont like it??

yes, and if you're having any problems, Will or myself is glad to help- another bonus you don't get with a blogger hosted site- free tech support.

As far as the admin interface goes, it is very intuitive once you figure out what all of the buttons do.

Personally, I could care less if anyone uses it or not. Neither Will or myself make any money from it, its just a fun side project. But for what its worth, there is a reason the blog writers who have been around a while use wordpress. Its like using photoshop instead of MS paint.

could never afford photshop so photofiltre will have to do :D

i'm not really a "blog writer" just a hobbyist

i'll look into it after i get home from work

why not just use wordpress if its so good and not thru that flyaddicts thing??

As far as wordpress goes, a person who wants a blog has three options.

One, get a wordpress.com hosted blog.

pros: free hosting

cons: you have limited access to themes, and if you want access to others you have to pay for them. you have to pay for plugins, you have to pay for domain name use, you don't get full control of everything, some plugins and themes aren't available period

Two, get a wordpress.org hosted blog

pros: you have complete and unlimited ability to do anything you have the technical know how to do at your blog

cons: you need technical know how, you have to pay for hosting, you have to rely on support forums for help

Three, get a flyaddicts hosted blog

pros: free hosting, free domain name use, free help and tech support, you're part of a fly fishing and fly tying blog network which will increase your blog's traffic (and if you didn't want people to read, you wouldn't be writing it), access to any theme or plugin you can find (wordpress has a theme library and a plugin library), you cal also have your blog's RSS feed included in the FTF hatches forum- so whenever you publish a new post it shows up here in the hatches forum on ftf.

cons: there is only one con, and that is you aren't able to directly edit your site's html or php. This is more of a safety feature than anything as it prevents Will from having to worry about hackers, etc. If you want any of these types of edits made, you just let us know and we take care of it for you- so really, this is a pro, cause you don't have to deal with that stuff.

to get a blog at FA, just go there, create an account, and let Will know you want a blog, he or myself will set it up for you, so all you have to worry about is creating content.