Fly Tying
Mr. Vegas

Mystery Fly tying material box

Bad news for box #1, it is sitting in Customs, confiscated. I am hoping to get it back. If there are feathers or fur of any trophy animals in the box, it will be confiscated going out of the States and you will be contacted by the Fish and Wildlife Service and sent a "Notice of Seizure and Proposed Forfeiture". I wish I would have known that, or I wouldn't have tried to ship anything to Canada. I haven't been able to speak with a real human about this as of yet, but will call again tomorrow and try and get the stuff back - if I can. I am not sure if I will be facing any charges yet, but I hope not.

So the short of things, it may be a while before Box #1 goes ANYWHERE!!!

Has this happened to anyone else? Maybe this would be a good thing to post an article about, so no one else accidentally runs afoul of federal law?

So sorry for this, I had no idea this would happen. And I have no idea how serious these charges I'm facing might be.

Blane

The box #1 is in the mail.

May I make a suggestion that maybe the box swaps are kept within their own borders so as to be able to freely mail within.

For ex: U.S. Mystery, Canadian mystery, U.K. etc . I just think this will work out better for everyone. Just my 2 cents worth. Sad but true.I for one will not be joining anymore. Thanks everyone, think I'll stick to the fly swaps.

Box #1 going to Jordon W after I get it. I'll PM his info to Mr. Vegas...

I left the customs list of item they confiscated with the stuff. this is Box#1 Make ya cry!!! Read it only if you are feeling strong.

Do you have another copy of the list that you could post here? It might be helpful for us, not only in material swaps, but also in regular fly swaps, to know what types of materials NOT to include in flies we are tying where International swappers are involved.

BB

The remains of box one have arrived in St. Louis. They'll be off to Jordon W this afternoon.

My scanner is on the fritz, so I'll run through the confiscated list:

48gm duck feathers

2 mallard wings

33 wild turkey feathers

11gm wild turkey feathers

2 common pheasant wings

1 partridge skin

6gm grouse feathers

3 white tail deer skin pieces

1 white tail deer tail

3 deer skin pieces

6 fox skin pieces

5 coyote skin pieces

6gm coyote hair

1 mink skin piece

6gm mink hair

1 opossum skin piece

1 American badger skin piece

1 brush tail opossum skin piece

1 fox squirrel tail

1 hare skin piece

1 rabbit skin piece

2 raccoon skin pieces

11gm bear hair

20gm gray junglefowl feathers

"Exported in violation of Licensing, Declaration, Clearance, & CITES Requirements"