Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

IT`S ABOUT TIME!!!

Well, after huntin for almost a month and a half, 4 or 5 times a week, without a deer, I finally harvested a deer this mornin. It was an 8 pointer. Not a big 8 pointer, but it was about 15 inches wide. I didn`t shoot it with my bow, but I deffinentally could have. They estimated the weight at 135. Got the deer cut up, and ready to be turned into tenderloin biscuits come duck season. YUM YUM!!!lol. Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

Congrats. I'm just dying to be able to go out hunting again. With my injury, can't shoulder a rifle (and if I did bow hunt, I could't hold a bow and pull). Man, I'd kill to make some elk chili stewed all day on the stove. Grrrrrrrrr. LOL

Congrats! Now lets see a pic Homer Jones biggrin.gif

i've been seeing 8 different 6 pointers almost everyday and on Thursday night i had a monster 8 point come from behind me at 24 yards. i was at full draw but he never stoped walking... even when i made a noise at him he ended up stoping 42 yards away,so i passed on the shot. Hopefully i'll have some pics of him soon. i put the trail cam out once i seen the size of him.

Brent.

Hey buddy,

Good job!! biggrin.gif It was good to meet you the other day in the fly shop! We will definatly go fishing soon my man!!

Now I have comeplete custody of the fly shop at Bass Pro and they also have me up on the aquarium doing demonstrations and talks about flyfishng. Pretty cool stuff. When slow, it can be bporing a little but I just tie a fly and watch tyiong videos by Lafty and Dave Whitlock abnd have at it. I like to bring in my Renzetti and tear out some flies. When busy, time flies andI usually sell a good bit of stuff. The other day a guy bought over 200 flies for a fishing trip in New Zeland!! It must have cost over 450 bucks! I also sold a guy a rod combo, backing, line, leader, a fly box for his 2 dozern flies, some tools for his new Simms vest and some Simms Freestone breatheable waders and Simms Freestone wading boots along with a waist co2 powered PFD, fleece pants, gloves and a Hodgeman wading jacket. He wanted to get a one man pontoon boat too but was torn between a canoe and the pontoon. My vote is for the canoe because you can 1.) Stay DRY! 2.) Carry more gear!! 3.) With a trolling motor, move and fish at the same time! 4.) You don't worry about punctures that could leave you sinking inn the middle of an 8mile float!! 5.) STAY DRY and CARRY MORE GEAR!!!!

I don't know, maybe he should settle for the wussy little pontoon...not.

Keep in touch okay?

[email protected]

Gotta go tie some flies for a customer who wants 55 TravisBreamSlayers. Indestructible little black bream flies in which one fly can withstand 64 and counting... bluegill, shellcracker, and longear bream with a couple bass thrown in. He likes it so much he wants a lifetime supply!!! He'll have the best little bream fly made!!!!!

Take Care Redneckfisherman!!!!!!!!

Travbass

Great news redneck, you should get ahold of your butcher and tell him to save you some of the skins.. cheers.gif Trevbass2 thats great news too I always wanted to run my own fly fishing section, course I'd buy everything out before the doors opened... devil.gif

Nice buck man.........too bad ya didn't get em with your bow wink.gif ....Heck, I'd be glad to get something half that size....Hes a good un!!!

STRAIGHT SHOOTIN,

J-ROD

Heck yeah I know who Timmy is. But I really don`t think he looks like Mcgraw. Yall are crazy, crazy people. lol, just playin. later