Fly Tying
moskito_01

International swap?

I still do think it`s a great idea to have international swaps.

The only bad thing is, the first try failed partly. The flies I had sent off to Mako never got to him. I am really sorry about that for two reasons. First, the participants of this swap didn`t get all the flies the should have gotten. Second, any further attempt will probably fail because there will be noone wanting to join.

Looking at the flies I have received in this swap and what I have learned from them and actually caught with them, it`s a bummer to think there will be no second international swap...

I do thank all the participants of this swap. It has been my pleasure to be one of the hosts and I once again apologize for whatever mailservice, who has failed to deliver my package to Mako.

it seems to me that this swap was waaaaay more complicated than it needed to be and that as a result of these complications it crashed and burnt a bit. an international swap needn't be run any differently than any other swap.

no need to be so discouraged not to try again.

swapping world wide is fun.

mgj

How about if you limited it to say, six people, then the facilitator or whatever you call him gets sent each pack, and he pays to send them back out. Each person takes turns then at facilitating and paying. Could even try for different countries maybe. More than 6 might be too expensive?????

I could host the first one to get it going if there is interest aside from Moskito...

QUOTE (xrayguy @ May 13 2005, 09:57 AM)
well boys, looks like i'm the only sucker that didn't get his! How very disappointing. But I guess that's one of the lessons of life.
hope you boys enjoyed the pt nymphs
rick

Wow... it has been awhile since I last posted here.

Until now, I didn't get those flies too... sad.gif

Well... Enjoy the nymphs. guys. Don't forget to pass me a close up photo if you ever hit something on your side with my fat dragons! headbang.gif

I'd be interested in joining this swap also. I'm a Nymph man too. but, I'll have enough time to tye just about anything I suppose.

I'm from Washington State.

I second the suggestion of only One Swapmeister from North America to handle the mailings over on this side of the pond. This will save Postage costs.

I just got through with a Trans-Atlantic swap and it went smooth working it that way.

Longears

Hi Folks !

I GOT THE NYMPHS TODAY!!!!!!

yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif

Another Nymph swap? Let me know! headbang.gif