Fly Tying
SteveGibson

Tom's Greenback Minnow

I recently spoke at the Suncoast Fly Fishers in St. Petersburg. I was also their guest fly tyer. I tied up several Gibby's DT Variations.

In the club's latest newsletter, I saw a photo of Tom's Greenback Minnow. The fly looked very nice. So, I decided to cook up a batch.

I used white Polar Flash for the underbody and olive Fly Fur for the top. I coated the stick-on eyes with Goop. Tom told me he uses 5-minute epoxy as a coating.

Can't wait to give these a try.

20110517_6875_edited-1.jpg

20110517_6866_edited-1.jpg

20110517_6870_edited-1.jpg

Nice looking greenies, should do well on the snook and trout. I like the way they are tied back from the eye, will help prevent cutoffs when the macks and blues show up

Very nice minnows!

Thank all of you! And I will let you know!

1305652711[/url]' post='467859']

I recently spoke at the Suncoast Fly Fishers in St. Petersburg. I was also their guest fly tyer. I tied up several Gibby's DT Variations.

In the club's latest newsletter, I saw a photo of Tom's Greenback Minnow. The fly looked very nice. So, I decided to cook up a batch.

I used white Polar Flash for the underbody and olive Fly Fur for the top. I coated the stick-on eyes with Goop. Tom told me he uses 5-minute epoxy as a coating.

Can't wait to give these a try.

20110517_6875_edited-1.jpg

20110517_6866_edited-1.jpg

20110517_6870_edited-1.jpg

Very nice.... Such a universal pattern which will work anywhere.... Up here in the Great Lakes area it will match our Ermerald Shinner... Have you tried Artic Fox or Finn Racoon? How do you think that would work? Thanks for sharing.