Fly Tying

an awsome set of swap flies found its way to my mailbox today, thanks to everyone in the swap

Nj all day, thanks for hosting, i really liked the way you did the foxxee clouser. im thinkin im tryin to make mine too big, using too much stuff on mine.

Mine arrived today! Awesome set of carp flies everybody! What a great bunch of flies. I have been working on a Carp box this year and these flies are going to fill it out perfectly. Thanks to everyone involved and BIG THANKS to the SM!!!

Ditz2- glad you were able to join. We needed a berry to complete this box.

Got a box of great looking flies in the mail today, great ties to all, like the mulberry, to bad we don't have any down here.

Thanks to all, and the SM

Blane

OH MAN....The flies arrived today. What a great bunch of flies and there is a lot of talent represented. I am really impressed with the quality. Thank you NJ for inviting me to help fill out the swap. Now if I can find some carp to feed.

Got a box of great looking flies in the mail today, great ties to all, like the mulberry, to bad we don't have any down here
...Where might you live? I am not finding any here in middle TN either. I do hope to use them in IN one of these days though. I have learned a couple of things in tying this bunch and I am sure I can do better next time.

Good to see them all make it, i have a mulberry tree around me. Actually my grandpa has one in his backyard. So i might do some chumming to see if the carp like them, and if if they do then i'm gonna throw out that mulberry fly. And if not, i'm sure the bluegills will tear them up around here.

on the Huron river in Ann Arbor where I fish for carp there is a mulberry tree once the mulberries start dropping the carp pod up under it and slurp them right off of the surface with reckless abandonment when this happens we go to where we could cast under the tree and pitch either a dark purple popper or a wooly buggar the same color and hook them on almost every cast I caught my largest to date in that spot 43 lbs mirrored carp but I digress what I was going to say is that there doesn't have to be mulberries around carp see them as food even if they never seen them before where I live now has none anywhere but yet a good placed mulberry fly will still get sipped up by a carp don't rule it out before you try it

I felt like a kid on Christmas morning again when I seen my envelope in the mail! There's a bunch of great looking flies and I must say that it's been a pleasure having this swap with all of you. I'm looking forward to another carp swap in the future! Many thanks to the SM and all who participated!

Oh, thanks a million for the extra Altoids tins NJ! I swear this town only sells the mini ones that are 1/3 of the size of the original tins.

if anyone is still interested in the backstabbers i have tied i will gladly mail them to you. I have had some problems lately with moving, a new job and such its just been so hectic. either text me at 816-679-9720 or just let me know if you want them on here. So sorry to leave everyone hanging. I normally don't do this leaving everyone wondering where i am but life got in the way this time. Sorry again.

MoWestFlyfisher