Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
dronlee

Semi Realistic Dragonfly Nymph

Great fly and sbs. You say it's a Fishiable realistic but I think that bug still looks too nice to fish!

Hi bluegill576,

If you pre-tie the knobed fiber legs and have the tape wings ready.. you will find that you can tie dozen of it in no time... the only tough part of this pattern is to handle the double sided tape, that is why I apply some dubbing on the tape, so it's not so sticky and easier to manage...

Try tie some... the same technique can also use to tie stonefly nymph and larva pattern..

Dronlee,

You have great skills. I can only hope to have skills like that someday. I'm looking for more "realistic" patterns that I can try and learn to fly. Also, do these realistic patterns tend to catch more fish?

Dronlee,

You have great skills. I can only hope to have skills like that someday. I'm looking for more "realistic" patterns that I can try and learn to fly. Also, do these realistic patterns tend to catch more fish?

I always fish with realistic pattern, especially in stillwater... where the fishes are bit more 'smart' here... if you wish, you could also add in abit of life element like moving parts - CDC, Ostrich herl or flash to the thorax, belly or abdomen... it will attract more attention.

Is there a benefit to the sticky tape over a plain vinyl sheet? SBS makes it look very quick and easy.

Piker ... I am thinking, the sticky tape allows for a fuzzy look to the body, by sticking dubbing to it.

Ah, when he said he stuck dubbing to make it easier to handle I didn't think of the buggy benefits. Had a quick search for adhesive vinyl tape, wow not cheap.