Fly Tying
KHoss

steelhead flies

Awesome tyes! and great advice to. Sparse is good, really goodI went to my club meeting a week ago and listened to a steelhead guide talk about his flies while he was tying before the presentation. He stressed over and over about sparseness being a good fundamental to build off of. I know it has changed my tying direction as far as chromer flies go.

How would a reverse tie of Arctic Fox or Senyo's lazor dub and or reverse root tie small amount of buck tail to give the support for the flair.... I have used all three to get certain rusults.

1620923_10201731396908250_699481994_n.jp1903988_10201731397788272_856190394_n.jp1891064_10201731397948276_1408749094_n.j
Here some of my first attempts at an intruder style fly, ill be trying these out in oregon next week I hope they work, any advice? starting from the back they're built; Cactus chenille (forming a large ball), hackle, ostrich herl, more polar/cactus chenille, mallard flank, hackle, maribou, flash, barred ostrich, dumbbell eyes, maribou, dubbing. All tied with size 2 stingers