Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Donations to help out kids

A good friend of mine on our sister site RBF has a program where he helps out somewhat underprivlidged kids and right now they are trying to get these kids into fly fishing/fly tying. Basically what he could use is ANY fly tying materials, tools, vices, anything really to help them set this program up.

If you can help with any extra things your not using I'm sure he and these kids would be very appreciative..

If you can send him a few things send them to the following-

InfinityRodCreations.com

1355 Craneing Road

Wickliffe, Ohio 44092

Here's a little info he posted about the program...

As some of you are aware, I have a couple websites. IRC is dedicated to my rodbuilding endeavors, but you many not know about the other which is Float Fishing Connection, an educational resource dedicated to centerpin float angling.

A large part of our website is the forum community where charitable works and fundraising events are very prevalent. Our forum members are some of the most generous people I've had the pleasure of knowing. They constantly are seeking ways to give and nominating ways/people that need our help. We have a general fund that distributes between $500-$1000 to needy families / persons / organizations yearly. Our charitable outreach fund collects monies from member donations, raffles and FFC sticker sales.

Our last outing was held this past Sunday afternoon here in NE Ohio where we focused on www.coachescornerhome.org. Our group donated $250 in cash and $250 in home supplies/clothing/gift cards to this organization. It was brought to our attention that the (4) adolescent high school boys that spend their weekdays at CCH could use mentors and they are always looking for outside assistance with activities.

We thought that it would be really nice if several of us could provide these boys with a creative and constructive outlet to channel their energies toward. I envision holding several seminars that would include lessons on the life cycle of steelhead, steelhead fishing techniques, rodbuilidng, fly tying, etc. I would like to also host a fly tying event and rod building event at their "home". The eventual build up would be toward showing these boys the joy of fishing, conservation, respecting nature and everything else that draws us toward the living rivers we fish.

I've already got a large box of materials myself I am sending him for the kids, but I'm sure they can use much more than just I can help with.

Thanks

Steve

It has been mentioned about giving one of or parts of the mystery fly tying materials to newbies, this would be a great option, helping many, not just one!!!

I am not sure how to go about getting that ot happen, but I for one would support it.

Blane

One of the things I am sending is a very large spool of thread. I don't have too many empty thread spools, so if you are sending a package, please include any empty thread spools you have. The spool I send is several thousand yards of thread.

I have a vise, scissors, bobbin and some packs of hooks I'll send. I just threw an empty thread spool in my tying waste bag last week, if it didn't get emptied, it should still be there.

Kirk

Steve, I have two boxes in the tying room. One is full of yarn, dubbing, feathers , deer hair etc. The other box is full of plastic storage boxes and beads. Tomorrow I will see what else I can put in the boxes. I hope to get off to the UPS the fist of the week. I hope this helps... :rolleyes:

Thanks guys. I told Domenic (my friend that is heading this up) about this and he tried to come here to thank you guys but for some reason the site is not taking his RBF password. But he really appreciates your guys helping out.

Steve

Steve, I have two boxes in the tying room. One is full of yarn, dubbing, feathers , deer hair etc. The other box is full of plastic storage boxes and beads. Tomorrow I will see what else I can put in the boxes. I hope to get off to the UPS the fist of the week. I hope this helps... :rolleyes:

According to the UPS site my packages will arrive toady 11/8/11. The UPS boys are fast!!!!! :D

Well, I'm finally here to thank you guys! I'm at a loss for words...the support that has been shown both here and on RBF has been simply overwhelming. Your generosity has made my vision and plan so much easier to achieve. I thank you! What you've sent thus far has been a true blessing for me and will be for those that I wish to help. So I humbly say, "THANK YOU and G_d Bless!"

Dj

A good friend of mine on our sister site RBF has a program where he helps out somewhat underprivlidged kids and right now they are trying to get these kids into fly fishing/fly tying. Basically what he could use is ANY fly tying materials, tools, vices, anything really to help them set this program up.

If you can help with any extra things your not using I'm sure he and these kids would be very appreciative..

If you can send him a few things send them to the following-

InfinityRodCreations.com

1355 Craneing Road

Wickliffe, Ohio 44092

Here's a little info he posted about the program...

As some of you are aware, I have a couple websites. IRC is dedicated to my rodbuilding endeavors, but you many not know about the other which is Float Fishing Connection, an educational resource dedicated to centerpin float angling.

A large part of our website is the forum community where charitable works and fundraising events are very prevalent. Our forum members are some of the most generous people I've had the pleasure of knowing. They constantly are seeking ways to give and nominating ways/people that need our help. We have a general fund that distributes between $500-$1000 to needy families / persons / organizations yearly. Our charitable outreach fund collects monies from member donations, raffles and FFC sticker sales.

Our last outing was held this past Sunday afternoon here in NE Ohio where we focused on www.coachescornerhome.org. Our group donated $250 in cash and $250 in home supplies/clothing/gift cards to this organization. It was brought to our attention that the (4) adolescent high school boys that spend their weekdays at CCH could use mentors and they are always looking for outside assistance with activities.

We thought that it would be really nice if several of us could provide these boys with a creative and constructive outlet to channel their energies toward. I envision holding several seminars that would include lessons on the life cycle of steelhead, steelhead fishing techniques, rodbuilidng, fly tying, etc. I would like to also host a fly tying event and rod building event at their "home". The eventual build up would be toward showing these boys the joy of fishing, conservation, respecting nature and everything else that draws us toward the living rivers we fish.

I've already got a large box of materials myself I am sending him for the kids, but I'm sure they can use much more than just I can help with.

Thanks

Steve

Good Day,

Have you guys tried fly shops, manufactureres or wholesalers? Many are willing to make donations to a good cause. Be prepared if they ask for confirmation of the program. I'll look around here and see if I have anything decent, not junk, to send along.

Steelie

If you've sent donations to me, please PM me your full name, email addy and street address for my records as I am going to make sure that you get a thank you card when this is all said and done!

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has participated and those that have assured me they would get stuff in the mail to me shortly. Here's the link to the area of my website where I have detailed the individuals and manufacturers who have donated thus far: http://www.floatfishingconnection.com/events_seminars.htm

I would like to personally thank a few of you publicly and reveal in detail the crazy amount of generosity that you've shown, but I will refrain out of courtesy. But two of you know who you are and the amount of "gifts" that I've recently received is HUGE and emotionally a little overwhelming! They will go a long way to allowing me to focus on the classroom content and not on the supply end of things THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

There are only a few things that I need before I call it quits and say, "Send me know more!"

1. Steelhead leaders

2. Monofilament line, 2 spools 10# Low vis

3. Thing-a-ma-bobbers indicators

4. Streamer Hooks, medium to long shanked in size 6, 8, 10 or 12.

5. 1/8th, 1/16th lead jig head hooks (painted or not)

This is just a short wish list, whatever I don't get as donations...I will be purchasing myself.

I will be posting a few photos of the donations, you're going to flip when you see how much stuff the boy's home is going to receive! They have a better fly tying selection of materials and tools than I do! LOL!

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH!