Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

The Aquarium project

That'll be good, but I'll have to look at it from the corner of my eye ... a direct look at that tank with color in it will probably float me through the roof.

Your take looks awesome! So happy to see fish in the tank. You have a great selection of fish, and I cant wait to see the larger fish too.

Thought I would share some updated pics and a short vid of my all male Peacock tank now that it has been up and running for a couple months. It's starting to get a nice even growth of algae on the background as well as the rocks which I like the looks of now that it is starting to get a green tint to it, makes it look a bit more natural I think, haven't had any problems with it growing on the glass yet thankfully.

current1b.jpg

current3.jpg

current2j.jpg

current4.jpg

Short 40 sec vid of the tank with just the LED spot lights and moonlights on. It actually has a more pronounced "shimmer" that doesn't show in the video quite as well as it does in person.

Not sure why it's just a link and not the vid, but click the above youtube link and it will take you to the vid.

Steve

Now that this tank has been up and stocked for about 2-3 months now and has become well established I thought I'd post a few updated pics. The Peacocks are really starting to show some good colors now, still some that aren't yet but they are the smaller ones and the Ngara Flametail which are usually slower to color up anyway. The Diatoms problem I had at the start is slowly giving way to a nice healthy green on the background and rocks and not on the glass hardly at all which I really like since it gives it a much more natural look I think. Water quality is the best of any of my tanks with the two Rena filters going (Xp3 & Xp4). I usually do a 30% PWC every 3 days but even if I miss it and wait a week Nitrates still never get over 10'ish ppm. This tank hasn't given me any problems at all so far which I am happy to say.

Anyway here are some current pics...(please excuse some light reflection from Christmas lights in a few pics)

update1m.jpg

update2g.jpg

update3f.jpg

update4v.jpg

update5e.jpg

Steve

Some pics of how it looks now which I really like the natural look it finally took on. And the Peacocks found that it tastes pretty good as well as they have been grazing on it the past month. Not as much as the Mbuna do in my other tank, but I see them grazing every once in awhile.

algae1.jpg

algae2.jpg

algae3.jpg

My apologies for any remarks I might have made about it being monochromatic ... with that algae growing in there, it's beautiful. That has turned out to be a wonderful tank to look at. I like it, now!