Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

Thanks.

I've caught a bunch of them on conventional gear. I wasn't expecting this one, which made it even more fun.

Memorial Day ... I honored all my military friends, passed and present, who can't go ... and went fishing.

I love the St. Johns River. Same flies as previous post, Bass and Gar today.

I did manage to catch one of those Goggle Eye/Rock bass/Warmouth thingies.

Nice, Mikechell! Yep, Gar is definitely on the bucket list. Creeks are warming up her in the foothills of California, and with that comes squawfish and green sunfish. Here's the first squawfish of the season!

Thank You and Tight Lines,

Carson LeBoeuf

post-43009-0-77406600-1401208586_thumb.jpg

Caught a lot of those Squawfish in California. You can't call them that, there, though ... they've changed the name to Sacramento Pikeminnow. Nice strong hit ... nice fight for a second or two.

Caught a lot of those Squawfish in California. You can't call them that, there, though ... they've changed the name to Sacramento Pikeminnow. Nice strong hit ... nice fight for a second or two.

Ya they're definitely a fun fish, but dumb as a brick around here. But I've got an itch to chase it's big cousin, the Colorado Pikeminnow, in the Colorado River drainage.

Pretty fish, Istrip. I will be checking out Pyramid next year if I get sent to California again.

It's been a rough couple of days up here on Bear Island Lake in Ely, MN for my flyrod. I've primarily been using my bait caster to get smallmouth and pike. But I had the FlyGods shine down on me yesterday and caught a Smallie and ?shad? on my flyrod. Smallie was one a "musky" clouser size 6 I tied and the shad was one a yellow humpy size 14. My 13 year old cousin caught the 16lb 40" pike. He was over joyed.

post-44540-0-92212600-1401424205_thumb.jpg

post-44540-0-49684800-1401424231_thumb.jpg

post-44540-0-63287400-1401424530_thumb.jpg

post-44540-0-64192100-1401424592_thumb.jpg

post-44540-0-91450100-1401424693_thumb.jpg

Lovely fish everyone, FlyFishinFool, great pike but he's brave trusting someone to hold it for a kiss picture. If that fish decided to close its mouth (they won't deliberately bite out of aggression in my experience) he wont be getting his lips or nose back!

I do believe that second fish is a Shiner Minnow. Most of the Shad I'm familiar with are slimmer, more silvery fish.

Beautiful Pike ... nice Small mouth ... looks like it was a pretty day, too.

Hard to beat days like that !!!

that's a fat fish... kind of an odd looking trout ? where is it from?

it had just been out for a while, pulled like a beast and its from grafham water, near Cambridge in the uk

Finally hooked my first brookie on Saturday, along with 20+ more! No size to them, but they sure were hungry, along with a rainbow or two. Most of which were caught on a pheasant filoplume softhackle suspended below a EHC.

Thank You and Tight Lines

post-43009-0-14124000-1401814218_thumb.jpg

post-43009-0-03585100-1401814226_thumb.jpg