Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

Took advantage of low water on the Connecticut this afternoon and waded out onto a gravel bar to access a nice deep hole and hooked into some nice fish.

Fished a brown bugger with a hare's ear hanging off it and took three rainbows and a couple small bass to the net. I lost one large brown trout when he broke off the hare's ear (6x tippet... so stupid)

This rainbow was super beat up. It was missing a chunk of tail and was all scratched up.

post-52247-0-65086000-1406140223_thumb.jpg

post-52247-0-00536600-1406140231_thumb.jpg

post-52247-0-65558800-1406140236_thumb.jpg

post-52247-0-13603100-1406140245_thumb.jpg

One little fish this morning before work. Hawaii is promising to be better than Liberia was.

Someone called this a "Lizard Fish". I'll go with that until I can find another name. Pretty colored body, ugly big mouthed head.

Yup that's a Lizard Fish Mike. We have those here on our coasts as well. They can damage a fly or jig with those rough mouths.

Yeah, I was stripping in a streamer and it came up after it. When I got it out of the water, I realized it had clamped down on the line and was not actually hooked, just wouldn't let go of the mono.

It let go as I swung it over land, so I was able to get a picture.

I think the one I have is a pretty good sized fish. It says the largest species can get up to 24 inches, though.

I didn't catch any Peacock Bass, although I saw several and had a few swipe at my offerings.
I did catch one tiny Banded Jewel Ciclid:
And two Red Devils ... of which only one picture came out.
And one Large Mouth that weighed 3.1 pounds on the scale.
I do believe I'd have done MUCH better if I had access to a boat.
Walking the shore is not fun, and I've got mud on my legs and the seat of my pants to prove it.