Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

Beautiful Fish Eide. What is the 2nd one?

Mike, I got a nice flounder on fly once, but I wish I could say it was on purpose. I casted a weighted baitfish fly but before stripping it in, I got the line hung up on a cleat. As I was undoing it, the fly sank and sat on the bottom. As soon as I twitched it, he inhaled it. The fly probably landed on his head. It's funny, you know when you have one even before you get it up and see it because of the way it flutters when it fights.

Flounder on a fly ... that's not something you see everyday!

No, it was a first one for me on a fly!

Beautiful Fish Eide. What is the 2nd one?

Mike, I got a nice flounder on fly once, but I wish I could say it was on purpose. I casted a weighted baitfish fly but before stripping it in, I got the line hung up on a cleat. As I was undoing it, the fly sank and sat on the bottom. As soon as I twitched it, he inhaled it. The fly probably landed on his head. It's funny, you know when you have one even before you get it up and see it because of the way it flutters when it fights.

The second one is a seatrout, about 7-800 gram

37 degrees with 20-30 mph winds (not gusts, nearly constant) and fast current. Had to put down the fly rod for today even though I brought it with me and all my flies. My buddy and I had 2 crank baits between us and 2 ultra-light rigs. That may have saved us from a very frustrating day tossing flies.

post-55511-0-38550700-1430012107_thumb.jpg

Toothy fish, ihang. Not the same color as the Piranha I caught in Guyana, but it's got the teeth.

Toothy fish, ihang. Not the same color as the Piranha I caught in Guyana, but it's got the teeth.

It had some wounds on it like it was fighting or maybe tangled with a predator. Energetic too, it put a bend in my 3wt.