Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

Thanks fellows, fshng2 It is a rainbow trout courtesy of the commonwealth of Massachusetts.

GC beautiful fish- I'm in Mass also and landed 4 of the commonwealth's Brook Trout on Saturday lost 2 others off the fly. I was in fast current and that forced me into some nice long fights-patient to protect the 6X tippet. For me that's a great day! I released all of them

post-63811-0-56852300-1557861326_thumb.jpgpost-63811-0-70557000-1557861345_thumb.jpgpost-63811-0-43165300-1557861374_thumb.jpg

Spent some more time on my local pond.

https://youtu.be/riqJXdHfSyg

Nice fish Mike- Here's a photo of a Massachusetts Blue Gill I caught last October. I notice the Florida fish have a different coloration to them than our locals.

post-63811-0-80178300-1557862289_thumb.jpg

Beautiful fish. Bluegill show different colors even in the same water. Male/female, deep/shallow, cold/warm, diet, all affect the color but often the difference is caused by hybridizing with various other sunfish species. Redear and green sunfish mix naturally in some of my local lakes.

Thanks Dfoster.

As Flicted stated, a lot goes into the color of sunfish. Most of the water I fish is coffee colored. So dark that my yellow paddle disappears less than a foot below the surface. This produces very dark colored fish. But the same place can have spring fed areas, which is very clear water, and the fish from those are lighter in coloration.

The darker water brings out features, stripes, spots and color variations that I don't see in fish taken from clearer water.

And, as Flicted pointed out, we have a few different sub-species of Bluegill ... making for an even wider range of coloration.

Still ... that fish you pictured is a beautiful specimen, too. Trout are pretty, but in my opinion, they don't hold a candle to all the sunfish varieties.

Trout are pretty, but in my opinion, they don't hold a candle to all the sunfish varieties.

Some of us would argue there's something to be said for brook trout caught in the fall-

Trout are pretty, but in my opinion, they don't hold a candle to all the sunfish varieties.

Some of us would argue there's something to be said for brook trout caught in the fall-

post-63811-0-27728000-1557922353_thumb.jpg

post-63811-0-74491400-1557922452_thumb.jpg

It's debatable.

Beautiful fish, I've always had a soft spot for Yellow Perch-

post-63811-0-96442800-1557932905_thumb.jpg

Pretty, GC.

One of those fish I miss, DFoster. No Yellow Perch (I like 'em, too) in Florida.

Warmouth on Mother's Day. That's a pun for some guys ... but it's just the fish I was catching last Sunday.

I went 3 for 4 yesterday (lost a decent rainbow while he was dancing in the air) in a couple of hours fishing before dusk. The rainbow and the first Brook Trout I got on a #14 olive scud, fished dead drift off the bottom. Turbulent water so I had to use an indicator. The last brook trout was on a #12 dark leech pattern I tied with wolverine fur and fished streamer style. All released after a quick photo.

post-63811-0-27670200-1558373403_thumb.jpg

post-63811-0-31607500-1558373433_thumb.jpg

post-63811-0-57013300-1558373465_thumb.jpg