Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

Well, I broke down and tried some ice fishing. I must say, it wasn't as hard as I thought. After attempting to get a hook set for several minutes ....

I finally got this beauty. Not a big one, but pretty clear and well shaped.

Just trying to get to you and Riffle's level ... plus, cabin fever in a hotel room is much worse than cabin fever in a home.

This Hybrid Striper was just under 13#, caught on a big Polar Aire streamer dead drifted in the river.

attachicon.gifPicture 561.jpg

This Sheephead took a Chartreuse over White Deep Clouser fished against the rocks near a dam.

attachicon.gifPicture 493.jpg

This Smallie made my day by taking an Olive over Brown Deep Clouser tied without a pattern, on just the second cast! It's another river catch.

attachicon.gifPicture 602.jpg

Sheepshead ...looks like a big ol fat croker to me

This Sheephead took a Chartreuse over White Deep Clouser fished against the rocks near a dam.

attachicon.gifPicture 493.jpg

Sheepshead ...looks like a big ol fat croker to me

I believe Luvinbluegills is fishing fresh water, that is not the "sheep head" you are used to. It's knot a "croaker" either.

In Houston, some friends of mine would call these fish "Gaspergoo", or black drum. I've caught a few out there, I still don't know what the real name is for this fish.

Gotta love winter fishing. This brown is very special to me. I have been after him since december. His picture now graces my office in an 8x10 frame, as his swims in the stream waiting to be caught again.

post-43467-0-97292600-1361983782_thumb.jpg

post-43467-0-91589100-1361983901_thumb.jpg

post-43467-0-47243800-1361983925_thumb.jpg