Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

mensteve.jpg

6 of thirty. It's warming up up here. We are seeing daytime temps. over freezing now. Only a month and a half to ice fish left.

Interesting checker board on that one on the ground.  Still doesn't make me want to go ice fishing!

1 hour ago, mikechell said:

Interesting checker board on that one on the ground.  Still doesn't make me want to go ice fishing!

Yeah, that's from the milk crate we put them in when we save them. I normally flip them over for pictures but that one was curved wrong.

15 hours ago, mikechell said:

LOL   Then I REALLY don't want to go ice fishing.

Yeah, you are a pretty non-confirmed ice fisherman. I think someone called you an "Ice wimp" in another thread. Oh yeah, that was me.😋

PS, the emojis work better in this new format.

On 3/19/2020 at 1:41 PM, Lesg said:

6 of 30? Slow day eh? LOL

It was a fun day. Most we've caught in one day this year was 80. All time record was 126 (back when I counted every fish, couple of years ago). The least we've caught in one day this year was 7, we had to leave early anyway so my buds could catch a plane.

Got to spend some time wading my local retention pond this morning.  Every fish caught was taken on the size 12 ... pencil popper? ... I tied while in the hotel.

2020 Richmond Flies 004.JPG

I went through all 6, as the marabou tails got chewed off.

These photos are from the last couple of days. I practiced my "Social Distancing" by going fishing alone. Most of these fish were caught on a flyrod,but, had an ultralight with me as well. Its been blowing hard here for the past few days. Hard to keep a small fly in the air  in a 20+mph wind.

IMG-3437.jpg

IMG-3441.jpg

IMG-3442.jpg

IMG-3443.jpg

IMG-3445.jpg

IMG-3446.jpg

IMG-3447.jpg

Nice ones Mike & Ken. Makes me look fwd to being able to get out again myself hopefully soon. Mike I got a serious question for ya. Wading in Fl, are you ever concerned while wading small ponds like that of maybe a gator making it his home and hearing a fish splashing while you are fishing? or is the area you are in not really a place that you have to be too concerned with that?

1 hour ago, Steeldrifter said:

Nice ones Mike & Ken. Makes me look fwd to being able to get out again myself hopefully soon. Mike I got a serious question for ya. Wading in Fl, are you ever concerned while wading small ponds like that of maybe a gator making it his home and hearing a fish splashing while you are fishing? or is the area you are in not really a place that you have to be too concerned with that?

Ha Ha...I thought the EXACT same thing as I watched the video