Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

I got a Coleman (yes, the camping equipment people) camera after my GoPro died. It does do video, but I don't like the quality. GoPro does a MUCH better job. But, I have edited and saved two videos of fishing on the St. Johns River.

Here's the two videos that were the best.

Mike,

That water you're fishing makes my mouth water. Especially at the waterfront homes. It just looks fishy.

I have the Coleman camera, although I haven't used the video feature. At least, not on purpose.rolleyes.gif It takes good pictures, too.

A redear from Huntsville SP (Texas) back in July.

post-15940-0-52266000-1443884231_thumb.jpg

This little lake is FULL of 8"+ Redear sunfish. I was culling fish I would have kept elsewhere. 90% of the catch was 8" to 10".

Not flyfishing, but I caught one 11" long drowning worms with my wife. It was bobbing the cork like a small fish. I didn't realize it was a big fish until I started reeling up.

post-15940-0-07426500-1443884590_thumb.jpg

(Kindly ignore the ugly dude in the background, lol)

Kirk B.

Beautiful day on the water yesterday. St Johns River is producing good, again. Not much variety this time. I did catch some small Red Breast, but almost all the fish were Bluegill.

I did catch one bass that put up a nice fight ... but turned out to be less than "trophy" size.

Totaled about 20 fish, half or more were keepers ... but I didn't this time.

Just had fun.

I am sure you guys are getting tired of seeing Bluegill from the St. Johns River, so here's some from Lake Monroe. Caught yesterday.

It's cheating, sort of, since Lake Monroe is a wide spot in the St. Johns River system.

Had an interesting day at the river yesterday. When I went to put my waders on I discovered that mice ate the feet out of them. It was in the mid 30's so wet wading was out of the question. I tracked down a decent pair at the cabin rental/tackle place down the road and got back to the river, unfortunately with a lighter wallet. Luckily the fishing was pretty good.

RUBNeQTl.jpg

Tg3sWSXl.jpg

omS20x3l.jpg

Nice brownies crackle! Here's one of two mackinaw I caught off the shore of donner lake on Monday on a white estaz wooly worn usually used for pyramid lake..

post-45335-0-11259900-1446130278_thumb.jpeg

Lake Monroe again today. Caught several on the Katydid ... and more on the Panfish Attractor.

Some really nice colors on them today. I've said it before, for some reason, the dark colors don't represent well in photographs. So, I tried to show what these 'gills look like.

This photo was enhanced, but only in brightness and contrast. I didn't touch the color controls.

Looks like you had success with the katydid patterm Mike .....I'll have to give it a whirl when our weather warms up a bit.

New video taken with my Coleman camera. Quality sucks, and I probably won't be keeping it. But here's the latest fishing trip ... unfortunately, I only got a couple of small one on "film".

Finally getting up to speed on CA bay bass. Moved back to CA in June and have been in enjoying the surf and bay fishing a lot. With El Nino the fishing has been a bit off from shore. But the water is finally cooling and I am getting more dialed for the new areas I have been fishing. Check out this nice spotted bay bass from last weekend.

post-51397-0-06531000-1446658070_thumb.jpg

Sweet Musky!!! I am still waiting for my first fly rod Chain Pickerel (closest thing we have to Musky). I can't imagine the thrill of setting a hook in THAT!