Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Lotech Joe

Howdy All

I just registered a few minutes ago and I'm looking forward to sharing some ideas, stealing some ideas & making some new friends. I call myself Lotech Joe and I live in the Inland Pacific Northwest of the USA. I've been fly fishing for a lot of years, but earnestly for only about 12-14 years. I fish primarily with the fly rod, but recently have reverted back to (not exclusively)to spinning and trolling gear. I used to love to wade and fish the rivers and streams of Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho, but my wading abilities have all but vanished. So, now I find myself fishing almost exclusively from a pontoon boat or jon boat in small lakes and ponds. I spent lots of years chasing after the Westslope Cutthroat in the rivers of Idaho, but recently my interest is leaning toward Bass and Crappies. My fly tying skills I would rate as intermediate, but I'm always accepting new ideas and techniques. I'm looking forward to an enjoyable experience here at FTF.

Howdy to you too, Lotech! Say, haven't we met before? Amber Lake, St. Joe River, Marshall Lake? Marshall!!! That's right, you're the guy who couldn't get his fins on!

We didn't get out on the water together last year for several reasons, medical and financial issues, but things are looking up for both of us now. This spring we'll get together and hit the water. :)