Fly Tying
bigfoot

Renzetti Vise Help

I have a renzetti vise and the green o ring on the jaws do I need to order a new one from renzetti or can I find one at lowe's? Would there be any difference from one from lowe's other than the color? Any help would be great Thanks BF

I have a renzetti vise and the green o ring on the jaws do I need to order a new one from renzetti or can I find one at lowe's? Would there be any difference from one from lowe's other than the color? Any help would be great Thanks BF

What is the o ring even for? I have a Renzetti as well, but never knew why the o ring was on it...

You can get them from any place that sells "O" rings. I think they are size 14. If you go to Renzetti's site it will tell you what size it is.

What is the o ring even for? I have a Renzetti as well, but never knew why the o ring was on it...

By pulling the jaws' rear ends together it keeps the tips apart when untightened. Some vises with parallel jaws have a spring between the tips to do the same thing.

O-rings are made from different materials for different applications. O-rings produced from nitrile or polyurethane will have greater tear strength, tensile strength and abrasion resistance than o-rings produced from silicone and some other compounds. Elasticity will vary as well. While the o-ring's function on the vise is very basic, it doesn't hurt to understand that there are some differences. If you're purchasing at a genuine hardware where customer service still exists, a salesperson should be able to assist with any confusion.

Disclaimer - I do not own or use a Renzetti or other "o-ring" vise

O-rings are made from different materials for different applications.

Interesting. That being said, a rubber band works just fine as well, although they do deteriorate pretty fast.

Just order one from Renzetti...

The Renzettis are good folks who will treat ya' right and not charge ya' much $ for the right part.

I have a renzetti and wondered the same. It looks like the band that we used to castrate bull calves. Multitasking.