Fly Tying
riffleriversteelheadslayer

January swap club 2012

today brought 2 sets of flies first set from Famill00 very clean tie I love midges and I have a spot that these will fish great

second set came from crookedhook and let me tell you the pictures don't do them justice great ties by both and thanks for the extras

today brought 2 sets of flies first set from Famill00 very clean tie I love midges and I have a spot that these will fish great

second set came from crookedhook and let me tell you the pictures don't do them justice great ties by both and thanks for the extras

Thanks

Hope they work for ya. And thanks again for your help. Can't wait to see all the different patterns.

My flies will be in the mail in the morning. I tied biot nymphs. I'd wager I caught as many trout on these last year as I did all other flies combined. Granted they were usually on the end of a Frenchy leader but they'll work fine nymphed normal.

Hook: Mustad R50X #14

Thread: Benecchi 12/0 olive

Bead: Tungsten, black

Tail: Coq de Leon, medium pardo

Butt/Hotspot: Flor. Fire Orange Ultra-thread

Abdomen: Turkey Biot, olive

Thorax: Squirrel SLF, dark olive in split thread

-Mike

today brought 2 more sets of nymphs that are just great 1st is from BB a great set of red fox squirrel nymphs these are some fish slayers for sure and second is a copper john variant from shadowfly these are super clean fish magnets and I got to ask where you got them legs I never seen them that thin I also recieved a great set of flies from Flytryer that is sure to put tight lines on everyones rod

Heack yeah Paul, I'm ready to see them. They all sound like great flys. I'll be sending you the Pike flys next week for Feb. First Pikes I have ever tyed. Kind of hard to find Pikes here in OK.LOL

you got gar pike in OK trust me they will hit a fly also

Yeah we got some gar thats for sure. And ya know I have never though about flying for those. Bet that would be a heck of a ride. Have to be a good size rod though I imagine with some steel leader.

I am glad you like the copper john riffleriversteelheadslayer and the legs I found them at Montanafly.com they are centipede legs tan color and also bobmarriotts.com mini tarantulegs white color are the ones I used on the flies Thank you.

today brought 2 more sets just 2 sets left to go first set is a small baitfish pattern by mybadhabit I am sure the crappie in my lake are going to decrease just from this fly alone and the second set is going to be single handedly responsible for putting a huge dent into the trout population everywhere I can see why you said that about this fly crackleback its got fish magnet wrapped with every turn of thread