Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
bluegill576

Weekly Fly Tying Contest #5 Vote Here

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It looks like this should be declared a tie.

I would like to make a proposal for the next contest. How about a 4 part wet fly - that is only 4 parts beside the hook and thread - so basically a simple wet fly with a tail of 1 material, a body of 1 material, a simple 1 material wing, and 1 material hackle. If you want to add a tag you would have to forfeit another part like no tail or add a rib and forfeit the wing as in a soft hackle... Get the idea?

We can start this as of this post and perhaps have pictures posted by Sunday morning and voting on Sunday to close at midnight EST.

Any interest?

i think the weekly contest needs an evaluation to see if its worthy to continue.

if only 2 people show every week, should the contest continue??

i think the weekly contest needs an evaluation to see if its worthy to continue.

if only 2 people show every week, should the contest continue??

It's not intended that only 2 people participate. Why not put your contribution in? Maybe it shouldn't be a contest - just a weekly suggested fly/type so that the thread will show a bunch of different variations on a theme each week.

Ok I like the wet fly idea and we can do it after the next week because I already told somebody I would do something. Sorry I didn't post one this week I have been really busy with school barely getting in any time for tying.

I kid of like keeping it a contest. I think people try a little harder and I think there will be more people joining as time goes on. The next contest will start on Sunday.

Good thing

I'll be ready, Thanks bluegill576 for keeping it going