Fly Tying
Kudu

Bucket List Trips or Species

I am disabled and 56 and have fished a lot of salt and fresh water species, would like to do alaska get a bowfin, covina, roosterfish another hammerhead (have one on wall that was only 22" bit me) a snakehead, another blue fin tuna (45 lb. my largest) Go to Padre Island for a 10 day excursion fly fishing the beach..

Been blessed to make my living fishing almost my entire life. More blessed to have fished most continents. It won't be complete till I land a bluefin over 400 lbs on the fly. The fish or the quest might be my undoing... but that's the mission.

but if I never do I'll be OK with that.

I would like to fish in Alaska, & NZ someday too, but again, at my age & financial situation, I don't see it happening.

Actually, I would be happy if I could just get out & fish 1 day a week close to home! :lol:

Alaska is not as expensive as I imagined before I moved here, unless you go to the remote rivers with guides and lodges. A lot of really good fishing is available on the road system. You will have company, but the scenery and the fishing is still unbelievable.

One of my biggest Bucket List Trips would to go around the United States, and even to different Countries fishing with the people that i have meet on this site.

It would be cool to meet the people and fish with them.

After watching "Once in a Blue Moon", I decided that NZ was where I want to fish, especially during a mouse year.....I think spending a weekend at Riverwatch would be a really cool bucklist item too.

I saw that too! i wanna go to NZ as well. there are some places so remote you have reach by helicopter. i saw this in a book 'fifty places to fish before you die' or something along those lines or i guess that line haha. :lol:

WOW, I see a lot of neat ideas. I also agree with the getting old is getting old. I think I am blessed, I moved to a state that is good for my fishing ideas. As far as a bucket I would like a really large bass and maybe to go after gar. I keep looking at the alligator gar catch and release trips as well.

NZ can be done for a fair price, do a lot of homework on the Internet. I've been 3 times for a month each time, self guide, accept it is a learning process be prepared to hike, drive on the wrong side of the road etc etc. The people are friendly, the food good, weather very changeable ... But accommodation can be had for as little as $25-40 per night ..clean hostels, self catering. The hardest thing to find is cheap,flights unless you can save up your air miles. But you can't really go that far for less than 2-3 weeks the travel beats the hell out of you. Heli fly out trips are very expensive I think a back country hike in trip or 2 or 3 day ovnight float trip presents better value if you are on a budget.

My cousin plays basketball in their league so i will have his house as a home base but outside of that, i'll be on my own, he doesnt fly fish so really has no idea whats around him. I've read that NZ has some horrific spiders, anyone else heard this? haha