Fly Tying

Awesome!

There WERE at some point in the past, Amur Pike stocked in a few lakes in Pennsylvania and possibly a few other places. As a kid in the 70s and early 80s I remember reading about them and my friends and I talking about how we wanted to catch one. I have not seen any pics or heard about anyone catching one since then though, but then again I've been out of the area for 20+ years.

Supposed to be nearly 50 degrees tomorrow, and again later next week. I don't think we're going ice fishing here this year. <_<

Murray- when you get cold you just start drilling more holes to stay warm. Unless you are cheating and using a power auger. I grew up hiking up and down the mountains to ice fish the Allegheny Reservoir. That was what you call REAL WORK. dragging a sled and carrying a bucket of minnows down the freakin' mountain in the morning then back up to the car at night, and we caught a LOT of fish. Walleyes, perch, trout, even landlocked salmon. I see these dweebs on TV driving their snow machines out on the ice with a tent-trailer, zipping a hundred holes in the ice with a 250cc auger, using sonar and cameras on unmanned submarines, totally CHEATING. :lol:

Awesome!

There WERE at some point in the past, Amur Pike stocked in a few lakes in Pennsylvania and possibly a few other places.

This is extremely interesting! Have you any idea how these fish do now?

post-34261-0-64539400-1327787213_thumb.jpg

I love ice-fishing - sometime by the "old style" with skies and pulling sleds, sometimes by snowmobile.

Went ice fishing once; had trouble getting my net thru the hole. :rolleyes:

It is because the chunks of the dynamite you had tied to the net rope were way too big

The image = ice-fishing extremes (November, no snow, a bush fire)

:post-34261-0-96439500-1327787545_thumb.jpg-))

Went ice fishing once; had trouble getting my net thru the hole. :rolleyes:

It is because the chunks of the dynamite you had tied to the net rope were way too big

The image = ice-fishing extremes (November, no snow, a bush fire)

:post-34261-0-96439500-1327787545_thumb.jpg-))

wow thanks so much for posting that my friend thats an awsome picture. i have some to post tonight :) im going out tommorow morning too so ill have even more pics

I went a few times too. But it was too hard to hit that little hole with my fly :)

Hey, What's going on in the background? That's quite a fire.

I went a few times too. But it was too hard to hit that little hole with my fly :)

Hey, What's going on in the background? That's quite a fire.

The valley of the Lower Amur River is a flat grass-country. In spring and fall the tall dry grass is burning a lot.

To succeed make bigger holes, and shorten your rod a little (don't you own an ax)?

:-)