Fly Tying
gadabout

Dubbing dispenser?

I have to agree with Charlie Craven on this one. Keep them in the packages they came in, put those packages in a drawer. Organize how you'd like.

I couldn't agree more. I buy baseball card holders from the office supply store and they are perfect for storing the dubbing packs in a 3 ring binder.

That is a great idea!

I use the dubbing dispensers for dubbing blends I make myself, whether out of patches of fur, hare's masks or wool.

Ok, I have a question...you're going to twist(at the very least) the dubbing onto your thread, right? So, I don't see the harm in using the dispensers. Granted, I have seen some dispensers that come already packed with balled up "knots" of dubbing, but that's been pretty rare for me. It may take you some time to spread out the dubbing before twisting or working with it, but I usually just pinch off little whispy bits of it anyway when applying it to the thread. Just me?

I was thinking the same thing owl. I pull of very small tufts and spin them on the thread. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I have several dubbing dispensers and they work just fine, using them exactly as the previous two posters described.

...I usually just pinch off little whispy bits of it anyway when applying it to the thread. Just me?

That's what I do and have always done.

I keep mine in the packages and file them by color in a recipe file type system . I also have tried dubbing dispensers. I like the by package approach better for the following reasons ….

1) I only need to keep the color(s) by my vice that I need at the time. Not the whole dubbing dispenser full of colors that I may not need

2) As I use dubbing I don't have empty spaces in a dispenser taking up space in storage or on the desktop

3) If I'm traveling I only need to make room for the colors I want to take , and being in individual packages they pack better