Fly Tying

Free Fly Box for Videos!

I'm in the midst of working on a video database for FTF and could use all of your help getting it off the ground. I have received some help from a few members getting the upload process up and running and I'm ready to move onto the next phase. I have a public prototype of my upload form and am looking to get as many videos uploaded as possible. To hopefully increase your interest I am giving a way a free fly box for every video that you upload. It does not have to be a FTF exclusive video, it can be a video that you uploaded previously to youtube, vimeo, etc. All I do ask is to add as much information as possible to the video description area. Once your video(s) has been uploaded, send me a message and I'll get the boxes mailed out for you. You can upload more than one video, I do ask that if you plan on uploading more than one please contact me after you have uploaded all of them. I would rather send you one package just to save me some shipping costs.

As I mentioned, this is a prototype, it has been tested but I am sure there are still some bugs. Any problems uploading please let me know. You do have to be logged into FTF to see the upload form.

Here is the link to the upload form: http://www.flytyingforum.com/videos/upload.php

So you can upload videos strait to FTF without any other kind of video site? Youtube, vimeo etc.? And how many boxes do you have? And one more thing will the videos be seperated by member like a catolog? Or will they be listed as they are uploaded like the forum and SBS's?

Flyman416, yes, that is correct. Videos are upload directly to FTF without the need of Youtube, Vimeo, etc.

I have hundreds of boxes...

Viewing,cataloging,etc part of the videos is what I am currently working on which is why I need members to upload videos.

I have several videos I can throw on there, but I won't be able to get to them until Tuesday at the earliest due to my schedule.

Im curious, could there be like a little section for new people to add videos for comment on their tying technique. Like for example, sometimes I find it easier to tell someone what they are doing wrong or can improve on by seeing what they are doing wrong???

Maybe as a future related project for new tiers to get help???

Im curious, could there be like a little section for new people to add videos for comment on their tying technique. Like for example, sometimes I find it easier to tell someone what they are doing wrong or can improve on by seeing what they are doing wrong???

Maybe as a future related project for new tiers to get help???

What a great idea Aqueous!

Why not Youtube? That is an easy question for me personally. I like the idea of of having an exclusive fly fishing/tying video community instead of being mixed in with everything else. As the owner of this site and a computer programmer I like to do as much "in house" as I possibly can. This whole website could be disassembled and have everything outsourced in one way or another if I wanted to but where is the fun in that...

Why not Youtube? That is an easy question for me personally. I like the idea of of having an exclusive fly fishing/tying video community instead of being mixed in with everything else. As the owner of this site and a computer programmer I like to do as much "in house" as I possibly can. This whole website could be disassembled and have everything outsourced in one way or another if I wanted to but where is the fun in that...

Space is not a concern? I've got a few more tying and fly fishing videos I can upload if you need more for testing. I also know a fellow tyer that has lots of tying videos on youtube as well. Should I contact him and get his input?

hook-line&sinker, space is not a concern. I'm moving out of the testing phase and am now working on additional features. If you know somebody that has a lot of videos, please feel free to tell him.

Tom, HD is fine. Let me know if you have any trouble.

bluegill576, I don't know how long the free fly box thing will last. Depends on how many videos I get.

I just uploaded a short one for you - but I don't need a fly box. :) Thanks though. I can upload more, if you tell me where to watch 'em ? :)