Fly Tying
smalltownfisherman

Anything Bass Swap! Streamers, Deer Hair, anything!

Finally done and in the mail today. Sorry about the last minute mailing, it might take them until the 1st or 2nd of May to get from Texas to Wisconsin.

Howdy Gage,

Flies in the mail tomorrow. I tied up a clouser variation that I've been catching'em on down here in TX. Size 2 34011 hooks. Fun to tie. Sorry I've been so quiet during this swap. Not usual for me to do so. Thanks for letting me join this swap.

-Dave

Awesome, Dave! What lakes do you fish them in, what is the water clarity there, and what is the biggest bass one you've caught on them? I hope you like questions. :lol:

Finally done and in the mail today. Sorry about the last minute mailing, it might take them until the 1st or 2nd of May to get from Texas to Wisconsin.

Great! I'm fine with waiting, it'll definately be worth it! :D

Howdy Gage,

Flies in the mail tomorrow. I tied up a clouser variation that I've been catching'em on down here in TX. Size 2 34011 hooks. Fun to tie. Sorry I've been so quiet during this swap. Not usual for me to do so. Thanks for letting me join this swap.

-Dave

Awesome, Dave! What lakes do you fish them in, what is the water clarity there, and what is the biggest bass one you've caught on them? I hope you like questions. :lol:

The lakes are further for me than Galveston Bay. But there are sweet bayous in my neighborhood that are brackish. I mostly catch bass in there, nothing big yet. But I do see migrations of shrimp and shad up and down the bayou in different times of the year. My most exciting moment was jumping a tarpon in those same waters a few years ago. I looked to be about a 40 pounder. Love the questions. How's the fishing in Packer Nation? My parents grew up in Appleton, so I have some familiarity with the Fox river area.

"Worms done and tagged ......out in AM on Monday. Should be a cool swap!!!"

I'm still waiting for Aroostookbasser's flies. I also sent him a PM.

Hey guys I am so sorry, I mailed my flies and then when checking back to see the due date I realized I was supposed to send 15 instead of a dozen, I have 3 sitting right here and they will go out first thing in the morning, I emailed the SM and let him know as well. Once again so sorry and I promise to do a better job of reading next time!

Ben

Howdy Gage,

-Dave

The lakes are further for me than Galveston Bay. But there are sweet bayous in my neighborhood that are brackish. I mostly catch bass in there, nothing big yet. But I do see migrations of shrimp and shad up and down the bayou in different times of the year. My most exciting moment was jumping a tarpon in those same waters a few years ago. I looked to be about a 40 pounder. Love the questions. How's the fishing in Packer Nation? My parents grew up in Appleton, so I have some familiarity with the Fox river area.

Hey Dave,

Wisconsin fishing is just warming up here. For Wisconsin, the farther north you go, the better the lakes get. Most of the southern lakes (in WI) are very weedy and are inaccessible from the shore. I like to go up by the Wausau area and just pick out a lake to go and check out. Some of the northern lakes have lost alot of water, and a few I know of have dried up so bad that the fish froze out over the winter. I'm over by the Chippewa area, west of Appleton. One of the best lakes in Chippewa is Lake Wissota. It has a great variety; Walleyes, Pike, Muskie, Smallies, and Largemouth. I'm definately looking forward to fishing with all these new bass patterns from the swap! I'll get pictures for everyone once I catch some largies, too.

Go Packs, go!

I haven't gotten a reply from Aroostookbasser yet, I'm not sure if his flies got lost in the mail or if he sent them.

What do you say guys, should I send everything out when I receive the rest of Elmerfuddwnc's flies?

PM's sent.

StF

I haven't gotten a reply from Aroostookbasser yet, I'm not sure if his flies got lost in the mail or if he sent them.

What do you say guys, should I send everything out when I receive the rest of Elmerfuddwnc's flies?

PM's sent.

StF

PM sent