Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
daijones

Killer shrimp

Here are some shrimps, i have tied up for the coming season. fishing for sea run browns, and bass.

1-Killershrimpstepbystep055.jpg

Close up of the shrimp.

3-Killershrimpstepbystep059.jpg

2-Killershrimpstepbystep061.jpg

And above, a group photo of the batch i tied up. all tied up on a size 6 carp hook,

Dai.

DJ, those are beautiful flies to say the least... However, your website is even more amazing, you do some amazing work.

We used to travel through Whales quite a bit in the early eighties, stayed at a little B&B in on the coast five or six times a year, loved it...Used to stop in Cardiff as well, wonderful place to visit. Where do you fish?

I had to edit....Dude, your soft hackle shrimp rock, I'm waiting for some mallard flanks and I will defiantly be trying some of those...Very nice.

Beautiful flies! :)

I took a look at your website too after viewing the doubles you posted previously. You do tie some wonderful flies! :D

DJ, those are beautiful flies to say the least... However, your website is even more amazing, you do some amazing work.

We used to travel through Whales quite a bit in the early eighties, stayed at a little B&B in on the coast five or six times a year, loved it...Used to stop in Cardiff as well, wonderful place to visit. Where do you fish?

I had to edit....Dude, your soft hackle shrimp rock, I'm waiting for some mallard flanks and I will defiantly be trying some of those...Very nice.

I have to agree with Panama! I am jealous of your blog. I have my own and hope one day my work is that nice. The mallard flank shrimp is AWESOME and your picture quality is great. Glad I got to check it out.

I have to agree with Panama! I am jealous of your blog. I have my own and hope one day my work is that nice. The mallard flank shrimp is AWESOME and your picture quality is great. Glad I got to check it out.

Cheers guys, glad you like my ties and blog, i am really over the moon with your comments.

Great looking shrimp and I must agree with everyone else about your other flies on your blog site, beautiful!

I especially like the Danish Pink Pig in that cream color.

This is a pretty novice, maybe even dumb, question but I'll go ahead and stick my hand up. When you say you soak and shape the crest feathers, what exactly are you doing? Are you using warm water with a soap solution? How long do you soak them for? and how do you shape them? Okay, so, its a few dumb questions...

Kirk

Great looking shrimp and I must agree with everyone else about your other flies on your blog site, beautiful!

I especially like the Danish Pink Pig in that cream color.

This is a pretty novice, maybe even dumb, question but I'll go ahead and stick my hand up. When you say you soak and shape the crest feathers, what exactly are you doing? Are you using warm water with a soap solution? How long do you soak them for? and how do you shape them? Okay, so, its a few dumb questions...

Kirk

Hi Kirk, Thank and to the other guys, for all your comments, i am over the moon with them,

Kirk, I shape the crest feathers, by putting them in a bowl of just warm water. for about 30 mins and then place them on a flat surface, i use a thick PVC sheet when wet. and then shape them to how i want them, leave to dry out over night and they stay that shape. hope this helps you, if you need to know more just ask.

Dai