Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Tour of the shop

Thought you guys might enjoy this. As most you know I run my own custom rod building business, but to me the best part of doing something like building rods is to totally immerse yourself into the whole atmosphere of what I love which is obviously fly fishing & the outdoors. So for the past 5 years or so I have been turning my basement rod work shop into what I consider the ultimate man cave that would rival any fly shop :D Right now it's about 20ft long and 10ft wide, have two TV's with one being a 32" flat panel, has 5 disc dvd/cd surround sound, and room for friends to stop by and talk fishing while I work on rods. Needless to say I enjoy spending the majority of every day in the shop.

It's shot in HD and plays well in full screen but depending on how fast your PC is you might want to start it and pause it right away and let it load for about 1 minute before you start watching. Hope you enjoy.

https://vimeo.com/38868457

Steve, please tell me you cleaned up just for the video. Great place you have there. Nice woodwork in the way of those shelves, lamps and a bunch of stuff, nice wood floor too. Gotta love having the coffee pot down there too. Pretty cool, now everyone that sees that is going to be jealous.

Kirk

Steve,

Congrats. Very nice space for escapism and sanity restoration. Those smallmouth trophies came from where?

Rocco

Thanks guys.

Kirk- I usually try to keep it as clean as I can, sometimes it gets a bit cluttered, but my OCD kicks in and I have to stop and clean it up shortly there after lol

Rocco- All the mounts in there all came from the Au Sable river here in Michigan.

Steve

Steve,

You sure you aren't dead? That looks a lot like Heaven. I know what you mean about that OCD problem, I'm a lot that way myself.

Dave

Steve,

You sure you aren't dead? That looks a lot like Heaven.

Dave

"Is this Heaven?"

"No, it's Michigan"

:lol: Sorry couldn't resist quoting one of my favorite movies there