Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
nyFLYguy05

More Bunnies

Some More bunnies. Love their movement in the water. This time I left the eyes out and added some small strands of red flashabou on the bottom of the hook shank for "gills".

post-36479-0-11373000-1334289036_thumb.jpg

post-36479-0-59295700-1334289046_thumb.jpg

Joe, you've got yourself a deadly squid fly there as well as a solid baitfish imitation. Very nice!

Thank ya sir! Last two days Ive used em and the bass love em - Im talking about schoolies here and they prob will bite a piece of cheese on a hook, but always great when you tie something you like and bend the rod with it! Do you tie similiar flies? I am relle likeing the palmer effect of zonker and rabbit

Yeah, I've tied quite a few squid flies that are very similar to yours. I agree with you on the rabbit - wool and rabbit fur are probably my favorite materials. They've just got that "live" look in the water.

Love rabbit palmered, great breathing action and help to push some water and create a wave effect over the trailing tailing materials. I'm usually tying a little smaller for the fish down here so I cut the hair off the hide and put it in a dubbing loop.

I like the design of these. Nice flies.

Kirk

Thanks again guys! Off for some creek marsh bass at 5am! Beginning of the ebb tide (outgoing) is at 7:07 at one of my fav spots. hopefully they are waiting for me! huge sand flat with spearing on it as we speak! Let you guys know how I make out! Have a great weekend!