Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
SBrowne

Joined today and want to say hello

Hello everyone,

I joined today and just wanted to say "Hi!"

I'm a grandpa and have been fly fishing and tying since I was a young boy.

I live in Utah just a short cast from some great trout fishing.

There's no season here and the trout are usually willing, even in the dead of winter.

I don't know how many hours I've spent at the tying vise ... too many to count I'm afraid.

Fly tying has been good to me - it paid for my college and graduate school.

I've attached a pic of one of my favorite flies, a hopper that fishes well even when the hopper season is only a dream!

I once had an order for 100 dozen of these guys ... that job took an hour or two to complete!

Anyway, hello from the Rockies and I'm always approachable if I can give a hand in any way.

Steve

post-43435-0-07952200-1336518132_thumb.png

Welcome Steve, from Nova Scotia Canada. Enjoy your stay and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your stuff....like some additions to the database...hint hint.... :lol:

Murray

Welcome to the Forum from a neighbor on the west side of the Great Basin. That is one heck of a good looking hopper!! :D

Howdy Steve - welcome to the forum. That's indeed one beautiful hopper. It'd take me 50 years to tie 1200 of those babies. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Welcome from a former Utah resident, currently trapped in the east. I still fish Utah often, so lets not be telling people about all the great fishing ok?